jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

hub score and google page ranking

1. rajan jolly profile image88
    rajan jollyposted 4 years ago

I would like to know if a higher hub rank score helps one in getting google to rank the hub higher in the search results?

1. sofs profile image88
      sofsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No this is an internal thing...your hubscores have nothing to do with Google's ranking systems. It does not have any bearing on your earning either.

2. KSchaefer profile image59
      KSchaeferposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree with sofs....the hubscore has nothing to do with Google's ranking. They are based on completely different things.

3. 0
      icountthetimesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Google PR uses googles PR algorithm which mostly relates to the quality of webites linking to yours. Hub Score relates to many factors not linked into PR.

The only crossover could be that if you do have good PR, you will likely rank well, which is turn will birng more organic traffic to your hub, increasing your hubscore. So really I would say that a high PR page is likely to increase your hub score, rather than the other way around.

2. Peter Hoggan profile image85
    Peter Hogganposted 4 years ago

I am pretty sure HP takes page views into account when calculating HubScore. That would mean the better you page ranks on Google and the more traffic it receives the higher your HubScore would be. I think your question reverses actual cause and effect.

3. LeanMan profile image82
    LeanManposted 4 years ago

Whilst it does nothing in the eyes of Google it is an indicator to yourself as to the "quality" of your work and as to how others (and google) MAY perceive your Hub..

Therefore if you have a hub that settles at a miserable score of 30 you can be pretty sure that it will also be seen by google and readers as being awful! If you are 70+ then I would guess that you could be happy that your work is as good (or as bad) as anything else out there on the web with regard to the length of your content, the number of H2 headings, photos, videos....

4. Writer Fox profile image79
    Writer Foxposted 4 years ago

I just posted an extensive Hub that explains SEO and optimizing a webpage for Google.  You might find some helpful information there.  Google uses its own data to evaluate the importance of a webpage and the Google PageRank often has nothing to do with the page's ranking on search results, let alone a Hub score.  Search results are based upon Google's opinion of which webpages are the best answer to the search queries.