jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Ad Pop-ups

1. tlpoague profile image89
    tlpoagueposted 4 years ago

Is anyone else having a problem with ads popping up while they are trying to read a hub? I have had it happen twice to me this morning and I didn't click on the ad. I have no idea where the pop-up is coming from. I didn't want to be in trouble for clicks that I didn't commit to. Thanks for your help.

2. WriteAngled profile image90
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

I keep getting a warning that Hubpages is trying to force a pop-up on me when I open a browser directly into the "my account" page (I never go to the home page as it has no interest for me whatsoever). I have automatic pop-ups disabled and obviously refuse the pop-up when I am asked if I want to see it so do not know if this is another ad. 

I really think pop-ups are the trademark of a spammy site, and HP should get rid of any and all pop-ups on this site immediately.

3. skyfire profile image74
    skyfireposted 4 years ago

Which browser you're using and what version ?

4. tlpoague profile image89

This is driving me nuts. I found that it is coming from the words with the two blue lines under them. I forgot the name of them. I have my pop-ups blocked along with my smartscreen filter. I hope HP will eliminate these types of ads. I will be upset if I lose my adsense over it.
    @Skyfire- I have no clue, I would have to ask my hubby.
    I am seeing more and more of the highlighted blue words that are creating these ads. Maybe something can be done about them automatically popping up.

5. Dolores Monet profile image91
    Dolores Monetposted 4 years ago

No, we sure don't want to be one of those sites that aggravate everybody with popups. I think that just drives readers away.

6. skyfire profile image74
    skyfireposted 4 years ago

Highlighted URLS ? That sounds weird because hubpages got rid of kontera few months ago. Check your browser and see if there is any adware installed on your browser. If not then this could be ad issue from hubpages.

7. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

If you take a screenshot of the offending ad when you see one, and email that directly to the admin team, it really helps them to deal with these.

This site is not supposed to have pop-ups and unscrupulous advertisers sneak that sort of thing in all the time, but just starting a random thread complaining doesn't give the admin team much to go on towards tracking them down and removing them.

8. tlpoague profile image89

Thanks, I don't want to come off as complaining, but more out of consern. How is it I take a screen shot? I have seen a few other ads that fell under violations, but have no idea how to do a screen shot to report them. As for Kontera, that is what I had thought, that it was eliminated. I will be sure to have my hubby help look into this, to see if it is on my end. I am seeing the Kontera stuff all over HP with this browser. Thanks again for your help.

9. mljdgulley354 profile image60
    mljdgulley354posted 4 years ago

I keep getting a Jack In Box pop up very annoying since it has a count down even when I press skip ad button. It keeps popping up in random pages. Sometimes it pops up when I go to somebodies profile or a hub page not on live feed