Duplicate but passing Google search and plagiarism test?

1. alexadry profile image93
    alexadryposted 4 years ago

A website I used to write for closed down, leaving me with a few articles that were deleted from the site more than 10 days ago. The copyright and other rights were therefore returned to me. My first thought, of course, was publishing the articles here, but they are getting flagged for being duplicate so I am unable to publish them. I am therefore considering putting them on my website if I cannot publish them here.

The funny thing is that I ran my articles through a Google search and even used a plagiarism tool (plagium.com) and the articles are coming all clear. I contacted the company and they told me they are deleted from their website, and indeed the URL'S no longer lead to the articles. All they could think of is that Google somewhat has the article still stored somewhere in its memory and it may take a while for the article to be completely deleted from Google.
    But why is Google giving me clear results and the plagiarism tool as well? And why is hubpages instead picking them up as duplicate?

Any idea what tool hubpages use to detect duplicate content? How can I find out what is the problem? I contacted support two days ago but no reply. Do I need to wait some more time perhaps? My fear is that somebody may have illegally used my articles and published them somewhere else making my re-published article look like a duplicate.

2. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 4 years ago

It takes a few weeks for the google to purge you old content from its cache.. Wait and hopefully the problem will go away.. unless someone has already copied the content which will now be date stamped older than anything you now republish and you will be seen as the copy!!

1. alexadry profile image93
      alexadryposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That would be horrible I really hope it does not come up to that. I would think I could prove I published them first somehow since they have a date stamp on them, but that would be an annoying hassle to deal with! I still wonder though why hubpages is picking them up as dupes when Google search and plagium.com give me the all clear...anybody know a better plagiarism tool that goes more in depth?