jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Making hubs personal?

1. LadyMar profile image62
    LadyMarposted 4 years ago

I've written for another internet website and we were to make our articles as a third person.  What are the rules here?  I've noted some hubs being more personal and some not.  I looked through Learning Center and couldn't find any info on that. I want to do the hubs properly.  Thank you.

BTW, everyone has been so nice in the forums.  :-)

2. Ms Dee profile image87
    Ms Deeposted 4 years ago

Hi LadyMar! Welcome to HubPages smile. You have done well to look through the Learning Center. Yes, you can write in first person here. It is just that should it get overly, or purely personal, there could be a problem. It can be in first person as long as it is useful, interesting, and easily understandable to someone that does not know the author. It may become a problem if written in the style of a blog or personal journal.  Hope that helps! Glad to see you here.

3. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

There are no rules here about writing in third person and not in first person.

However, if a hub is judged to be "purely personal" it will get flagged and unpublished. Basically, that means a hub, the content of which is of no interest to anyone who does not know you personally (and perhaps not even to those who do big_smile )

1. privateye2500 profile image61
      privateye2500posted 4 years ago in reply to this

There are no rules about writing in third person or as yourself.

There IS however a problem with no having a summary.

In all of your reading-did you ever run across a topic regarding the all important Summary?

1. LadyMar profile image62
        LadyMarposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No I didn't, but I'll check it out as I want to handle my hubs properly.  Thank you.

4. KSchaefer profile image59
    KSchaeferposted 4 years ago

Thankfully, there is no rule about whether you can write in the first person. I believe that this is a good thing, as some topics can be much more credibly presented if you can include personal examples to illustrate a point.