New Feature Suggestion:

1. davenmidtown profile image87
    davenmidtownposted 4 years ago

Can we have an author initiated date box put option on our hubs... the date would be when we wrote the hub and would help with our audience keeping track of serial hubs.  It also helps if we want to arrange hubs by date...

The box could be optional for those writers who would use it or not.

2. melbel profile image93
    melbelposted 4 years ago

One problem with that is, when I do a Google search for something and an article shows something like "written on july 3, 2007", I am highly likely to avoid that search result. I want something fresh and new to read, and, statistically speaking, so do a large amount of other people.

What you could do is create a sort of "umbrella" hub on your topic. For example, if you have something on your adventures in gardening, you would have hubs like:

Growing Cucumbers: Week One - Preparing Soil + Planting
    Growing Cucumbers: Week Ten - Cucumbers Have Taken Over My Lawn
    Growing Cucumbers: Week Fourteen - My neighbors called the police

Then, you would keep everything together in one big hub like:
    My Adventures in Growing Cucumbers

And in that hub, you would have a tiny paragraph explaining each hub in your series. If you write fiction, you can just have a little teaser.
    And then link to that hub from each hub in your series, so that people can quickly find your "index."

I hope this helps.

3. davenmidtown profile image87
    davenmidtownposted 4 years ago

True... though I was hoping to be able to create a magazine out of hubs... where they could all have an issue series or date.  We read old magazines... but because the date stamp would be at the authors option... it would not need to be put on every hub... just the hubs we wanted to add it to.