jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Hub-hopping - depressing the amount of junk out there!

1. surfgatinho profile image88
    surfgatinhoposted 5 years ago

I started using the hubhopping tool recently and I feel bad but I end up voting down practically everything other hub I see. There are so many hubs that are thinly veiled link building with absolutely no content of interest.

Whilst it is obviously fine to use hubpages for this there should at least be some effort to provide useful content. What is worse is that many of these hubs are scoring over 50, well beyond the 40 point cut off. Time to change the cut off point back to 50 and/or the hub-scoring algorithm me thinks.

1. QuestionMaster profile image90
      QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think you don't fully realize what the point of the hub hopper is - it only displays new hubs that have a low hub score, simply because they are likely to be low quality or spam.

If you see a hub that is obviously against the rules, simply voting it down won't do a thing - instead you should click the report button.

surfgatinhoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ah, that would explain a lot!

2. rochelj profile image80
    rocheljposted 5 years ago

Hi,

I am new here and can you clarify, What do you mean about the cut-off point?

What happens if hubs are above or below the cut off point?

What effect or impact does it have?

I did a search on this site for cut-off points, but the results did not seem to be related to the cut off points on hub-scoring.

Please enlighten me, I am new here and this is actually my first post in the forum.

(also, I would like to clarify, If there are no links to external sites, is it still considered link-building?)

I am responding to your post that states "many of these hubs are scoring over 50, well beyond the 40 point cut off. Time to change the cut off point back to 50 and/or the hub-scoring algorithm me thinks."

Thank you.

surfgatinhoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The cut off point I'm referring to is where the external links from your hub become nofollow links (and carry no weight). Currently links on a hub with a score of less than 40 will be no follow.

2. QuestionMaster profile image90
      QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Agree with Surf on this one.

In addition, you need a personal score of over 75 to turn dofollow links on for your entire account.

If you have no external links, then you have no real reason to worry about scores, since it doesn't matter if outgoing links are do/nofollow.

If you have no outgoing links you're not link building. You're simply writing articles. And the more you write the more you earn (as long as you learn how to attract traffic as you go.)

working