jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Oops..One More Question...

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
    DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years ago

Just above the comments box, there is a relatively new feature, labeled "unfollow" with a number in the box.  What is that?  Is it telling me how many people have stopped following?  If so, why does it matter if someone is not following a particular hub?

Going back from the 'comments you made' utility would seem to be all that is needed to 'follow' any given hub.....

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I never even noticed that box until you pointed it out!

I think it is has to do with when you comment on a hub, you are automatically following that hub's comments, unless you remember to untick the box when you commented, so when your inbox gets filled up with other people's comments and you really can't be bothered with it, you untick 'follow this hub' as offered in the emails, then that must show as an 'unfollow', I think.

2. TheMagician profile image91
    TheMagicianposted 4 years ago

That's an option to basically stop receiving updates about your article -- me, and everyone else, sees the button but it's green and says "follow". If we choose that, then we'll get updates such as when people comment, and we will see the "unfollow" option. Since you're the author, you're automatically following smile

3. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
    DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years ago

Hmm... ok...

Well, since I set my global settings to not automatically follow particular hubs, (I prefer to do that from the 'comments you've made' screen), I don't get much in my inbox. 
    In fact, all I opted to receive are the weekly notifications dealing with HP blogs, news, etc....everything else was just too much to sort through.

With the global setting capability now live, that follow/don't follow checkbox is irrelevant.  Even if I don't remember to uncheck it, the global settings "override that oversight." wink