jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Broken Link Triangle Problem again...

1. Richieb799 profile image65
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

getting a triangle stating a Youtube video is not working but when I hit play the video is fine?

2. Richieb799 profile image65
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

Am I first to have this problem today?

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image93
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

I've definitely NOT had that problem.  When you hit "broken links" and get the list of hubs with link problems, then a lot of times you can just hit "retest" and  what had showed bad will wind up ...being good.

1. mary615 profile image94
      mary615posted 5 years ago in reply to this

So far, the only time I had a broken link triangle was when the Hub I linked to was no longer published, so I just deleted it.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image93
        Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi!  If you use youtube videos in your hubs - then you have the problem more often.  Sometimes the triangle shows up, but if you hit "re test" then it'll turn out that there wasn't a problem

But other times the uploader deletes the video, and you have to find another one.

1. 2uesday profile image87
          2uesdayposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have had that happen several times and also had a notice on the video to say that now it can only be viewed via youtube, although when I added it as I made the page it worked OK.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image93
            Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I really hate the "only view able on youtube" thing.  I can't figure out exactly how that's beneficial to anyone.

working