jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Replacing My Lost Adsense Earnings With A Different Advertiser on Hub

1. ajcor profile image59
    ajcorposted 5 years ago

Hi there at hubpages - just wanting to know if there is anything in the pipeline regarding lost adsense earnings and whether there is a chance anytime soon that hubpages will bring another advertiser on board who would be quite separate from and who has nothing to do with google adsense?.... Just wanting to know before I make the decision to remove my hubs or not....I have put a lot of effort into writing my hubs and advertising them and would rather not uplift them from their home here...cheers

1. Amanda Severn profile image92
      Amanda Severnposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi Annie, this time last year I felt very enthusiastic about my HubPages earnings. I've never been a big earner on here, but it did seem to be going nicely in the right direction. This year, however, has been a lot less exciting. The biggest problem for me has been a huge drop in traffic, and despite doing lots of tweaks, and making improvements all round, I'm still down by about 75%.

2. QuestionMaster profile image87
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

Edit: Deleted my comment after reading a previous post stating you have lost your Adsense account.

Other than Amazon, I don't think there is any easy way to earn with Hubpages and I doubt they're planning to add anymore, since everything they do now seems tied to Adsense. Plus they've banned the majority of external affiliate links.

Hate to say it but I think you'd have more luck on other sites that offer more affiliates like Wizzley or Infobarrel.

Otherwise, have you considered starting your own websites?

1. ajcor profile image59
      ajcorposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks QuestionMaster  - in total I have earned about $2 from ebay and that was about two years ago and nothing from amazon so not much interested in them but I will look at the two sites you have mentioned above as I have not heard of either of them - maybe they can help me...and I was at last  getting a system going with earning at hubpages before my stupid mistake...cheers and thanks for the info.

1. ajcor profile image59

Back to this problem, I just read on the forum  that i do not need adsense for the amazon program so maybe I can try with this and see how it goes once it gets here - although my hp account says that it is not active because of the adsense issue. I am supposing that I can use the amazon program despite this as I am already an affiliate.  cheers

1. Amanda Severn profile image92
          Amanda Severnposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sorry to hear about your problems with Google. Are you signed up for HubPages own ad programme, or is that Adsense related?

1. QuestionMaster profile image87
            QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You can only have Hubpages ad program or eBay if you have an active Adsense account.

Amazon is the only affiliate that doesn't require Adsense affiliation.

3. Amanda Severn profile image92
    Amanda Severnposted 5 years ago

Is questionMaster right? Did you lose your Adsense account? I've not heard of that before.

1. ajcor profile image59

Yes I did an extremely silly thing - joined a site that advertised watching videos and being paid..unfortunately it was a traffic site although I should have known because it was called hits increase! or some such -but it didn't have any TOS or faqs on it. So now I feel like a goose and have have lost on my adsense earnings although it is under review/appeal but from what I have read i don't have much chance of returning to the fold...seems many people here at hub pages are in the same boat or not if they have left because it affects their ability to earn here also. thanks for asking Amanda  cheers anne

working