jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Google eCPM Question - What Is Considered An Average "Average"

1. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 8 years ago

Does anyone know what is considered an "average" eCPM average, in terms of giving a reading on how sites performing in general?

2. Inspirepub profile image88
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

It very much depends on the type of site and the topic.

Here at HubPages, for example, click through rates are lower than they are on sites which are designed to maximise Adsense clicks.

Also, different keywords pay different amounts for clicks, because advertisers bid higher on more competitive keywords.

A good eCPM at HubPages would be $5, for example. Those who write on popular financial or health topics earn more than $5 eCPM, while those who write about topics which have very few advertisers earn $2 eCPM or less.

On our sites which are designed to maximise Adsense revenue, we get eCPMs of $10 to $40, with the really good ones (money-related) earning $60 to $80 eCPM.

3. Dorsi profile image89
    Dorsiposted 8 years ago

I guess I'm doing OK then Jennie, mine is almost $5- but I noticed when my bailout bill was hot it was much higher, so I guess it can fluctuate.

4. Christoph Reilly profile image86
    Christoph Reillyposted 8 years ago

What is eCPM? Something Clicks Per Minute? And how do you check it?

5. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 8 years ago

Thank you. I had no idea if I was doing great, horribly, or in between.   smile

6. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Chicks Per Mister tongue

On a more serious note - Cost Per Mille (impressions)

1. 61
      fun2hubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

On a more serious note - Where's Misha? Not seeing any of his hubtivity recently!

7. WHoArtNow profile image85
    WHoArtNowposted 8 years ago

I believe I owe thanks to one of the 'Single Arab' adverts because my eCPM is up at about $7.

8. 60
    wetalkingcreditposted 6 years ago

so far i got $72.31 as of today, just wondering if it's out of normal?