jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

MP3 capsule for hubs

1. rajan jolly profile image89
    rajan jollyposted 5 years ago

Can we not have an mp3 capsule incorporated on the lines of the other capsules, to facilitate incorporation of audio as a speech, discussion or debate?

1. CyclingFitness profile image91
      CyclingFitnessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Nice idea.

Do you see it as being an automatic audio feed upon accessing a hub? or an option for the viewer to click?

rajan jollyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Cyclingfitness, it has to be like a video capsule but only with the audio option and yes like brittanytodd suggests having downloads from sites where audio can be legally downloaded like you tube is for videos.

2. WriteAngled profile image90
    WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

If this was ever implemented, it would have to be an opion

Automatic audio or automatic anything else on a web page is an abomination, which guarantees I will never visit that site again.

1. brittanytodd profile image91
      brittanytoddposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I agree, but I think rajan is suggesting something like a video capsule, where you have to press play to hear it.  I think this could come in handy.

One problem I see with it is people uploading copyrighted audio like a song.  Maybe using a youtube video for audio is the safer choice.

yes, that's one of the good options

2. melbel profile image91
        melbelposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think that, in this case, the user uploading the copyrighted content is liable and not HubPages. This would be similar to what happens when hubbers use copyrighted photos in their hubs.

I would differ here melbel, because hubpages specifically mentions of not using photos that are not free from any encumbrances as such. Whereas, I am not aware of any mention being made regarding use of you tube videos and I guess if one is using the embed code to add videos it should be okay.

3. imkd profile image60
    imkdposted 5 years ago

it should be implement here. nice idea.

thanks imkd.

working