Whoo Hoo! I finally hit my first Google pay-out here!

Jump to Last Post 1-28 of 28 discussions (34 posts)
  1. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 15 years ago

It only took 10 months! LOL! cool

I'm hoping the next one only takes five. Seriously, I'm trying to learn about this stuff and am currently learning how to start up my own websites. That is going rather slowly as well.

Anyway, now I can go Christmas shopping next month!

1. weblog profile image56
      weblogposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Good job smile

2. bhoge profile image58
    bhogeposted 15 years ago

Congratulations pgrundy big_smile
    I have to wait for another 10 months to make mine big_smile

3. profile image0

You'll make it--it probably won't take you 10 months. I'm a little impaired in this area. smile

4. Jewels profile image81
    Jewelsposted 15 years ago

Champagne, clink clink big_smile

5. Amanda Severn profile image93
    Amanda Severnposted 15 years ago

Congratulations Pam, you've worked hard. You deserve it. I hope the next cheque comes much quicker!

6. rmr profile image67
    rmrposted 15 years ago

Way to go! Much deserved! I suspect that I will take considerably longer. I'm just about to break thirty bucks, at the nine month mark.

7. terenceyap07 profile image59
    terenceyap07posted 15 years ago

Well done, Pam.

*smiles*

8. profile image0
    Ananta65posted 15 years ago

Congratulations, Pam, enjoy it! big_smile

9. Lissie profile image75
    Lissieposted 15 years ago

Well done - its a nice feeling isn't it! My first took more than 12 months, my second 3 months so maybe before Xmas?

10. Dorsi profile image88
    Dorsiposted 15 years ago

Congrats Pam- that is exciting. I'm getting close, about another 20 dollars to go, maybe I'll get mine as a christmas present huh?
    Whoo-hoooo PGrundy!!!

11. WHoArtNow profile image80
    WHoArtNowposted 15 years ago

Well done Pam! So March we shall expect a thread reading "Whoo Hoo! I finally hit my Second Google pay-out here!"

I'm at 5 months, and trust me, I haven't got much chance of getting to $100 in the next 5!

I'm not going to cash my first Google check, I'm going to frame it, longest $100 I will have ever earned!

12. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 15 years ago

Good for you! Congrats. regards Zsuzsy

13. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 15 years ago

well I am so happy for you...clapping
    guess Google is alot harder to make money if you are a small writer.I'm at 4.05 after a few months.
    it's been a learning experience...;smile

14. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 15 years ago

Congratulations! I think it's a good program for extra money.

1. WHoArtNow profile image80
      WHoArtNowposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Extra being the keyword in that sentence!

15. Christoph Reilly profile image68
    Christoph Reillyposted 15 years ago

Congrats Pam! Boy, it seems like a long way off for me too. You deserve it, and you got there writing quality stuff! That in itself is something to celebrate!

16. caspar profile image59
    casparposted 15 years ago

Well done Pam - your next payout will surely come much more quickly!  Seeing your post made me go and check my Adsense earnings. I have now discovered that I made my first $100 through Hubpages last month (11 months after I started, and after writing only 20 hubs) - it had got lost among my other Adsense income.  So now I'm celebrating too!  big_smile

1. WHoArtNow profile image80
      WHoArtNowposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Congrats to you too then Caspar!

17. profile image0

Thanks everyone! And congrats to you Caspar!

It took a long time, but hopefully the next one will take a shorter time. Lissie, I'm still working on getting WordPress up at my website. I'll get there. So much to figure out, but hey--I'm not at the bank! <cheers! wild applause!> big_smile

18. caspar profile image59
    casparposted 15 years ago

Thanks Pam and WHoArtNow.  Keep at it Pam - income from my websites started with a few drips and is now a reliable trickle.  When I first started I was over the moon if I had a single 5 cent click in a day from Adsense.  A few months later I was really pleased if I hit $1 a day, then a little later my idea of a good day was $10 income.  Now I consider $20 to be a good day.  I just need to keep focused and keep it growing, until I can walk out of my day job and make a living doing what I enjoy!

1. Ryan Hupfer profile image60
      Ryan Hupferposted 15 years agoin reply to this

This is awesome...I love to hear stories like these!

19. DonnaCSmith profile image83
    DonnaCSmithposted 15 years ago

Congratulations! I am still looking forward to my "first time."

1. Ryan Hupfer profile image60
      Ryan Hupferposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm...this just got me thinking...we should create a list of 'first timers' somewhere....that would be awesome to see and probably pretty motivating. smile

20. profile image0

Yes I've heard it builds--that it is cumulative, so the more stuff you publish and the longer it is online the faster the ad revenue builds up. I hope so. That would be awesome, kind of like residuals when you sell an insurance policy.

1. profile image0
      Ananta65posted 15 years agoin reply to this

So patience is a virtue, hm smile Suppose I'll just write and wait then for those remaining $87,- to build up wink

Congratulations to you too, Caspar

21. profile image0
    SirDentposted 15 years ago

I actually recieved mine last month. Just didn't want to make a big deal about it. Congrats pgrundy on your success at HubPages.

22. dishyum profile image57
    dishyumposted 15 years ago

Great posts, everyone smile The very first payout does always excite us cool

23. Shirley Anderson profile image72
    Shirley Andersonposted 15 years ago

Hey, congrats Pam!!!

Many more payouts to come!

24. sceptic profile image58
    scepticposted 15 years ago

Congrats!!!! Well done on first payout, It's an awsome even!

25. Marian Swift profile image60
    Marian Swiftposted 15 years ago

Well earned congratulations, Pam!

I love to hear this kind of good news.  Selfishly speaking, it makes my own efforts feel more worthwhile.

Way to go!

26. profile image0
    rethansmithposted 15 years ago

Congrats on that!
    I am moving slowly to that milestone myself!

27. Bard of Ely profile image80
    Bard of Elyposted 15 years ago

Congratulations, Pam! Well deserved for all your excellent hubs!

28. Shalini Kagal profile image54
    Shalini Kagalposted 15 years ago

Congrats Pam! There's nothing quite like the high that first cheque brings!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)