jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Looking For Feedback On My First Hub

1. JonHar88 profile image59
    JonHar88posted 5 years ago

I would really appreciate any feedback on my first hub. I am looking to make money with these hubs so any feedback is welcomed. Thanks

2. QuestionMaster profile image87
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

You can link to your hub in this forum without getting in trouble, so here's your link: http://jonhar88.hubpages.com/hub/About- … s-Syndrome

Ok, since you said you're here to make money I'll be tough. smile

-Good overall content.
    -Very general topic which has been covered on lots of top medical sites, which means that you'll likely not get much search engine traffic. You need to learn about picking more niche topics (for instance 'Dealing with aspergers in toddlers' or 'My experience with aspergers'.
    -Put the first 2-3 paragraphs in a single text capsule at the top of the page by themselves, then the first Adsense block will automatically move up there, in the most likely to be clicked location.

Good start, but if you want to earn money you'll need to learn about things like keywords, SEO and backlinks... have a look at some of the hub guides linked on my profile if you want more in depth info. smile Welcome to Hubpages!

JonHar88posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank You for taking the time to leave feedback. I will definitely take your advice on altering the layout of my hubs and the topics I choose.

1. QuestionMaster profile image87
        QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I see you've moved down the Amazon capsule but not the picture up the top right. If you move the picture, the Adsense block will go there.

Also, I'd recommend you taking out all those links. It looks messy AND you're giving free traffic to other hubbers.

3. JonHar88 profile image59
    JonHar88posted 5 years ago

Thanks for the continual feedback, it is much appreciated. So I should only link to my content?

1. QuestionMaster profile image87
      QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes, because that way anyone who clicks a link will be either leaving your page to visit ANOTHER page  you wrote or leaving through an advert (which is ultimately what you want if you're here for money!)

IF you choose to link to another hubber's hub, (occasionally you might find one that explains a particular part of your topic better than you could for example), make sure you put a referral tracker in the link. That way, 9-12% of adverts that people view after clicking that link will still display your adverts, plus if they sign up, you get 10% of advert impressions on anything they write, forever!

For more info on referral trackers, check out the link to Darkside's hub on my profile.

JonHar88posted 5 years ago in reply to this

OK Thanks

working