jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Copied Hubs - A-Composite?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago

I have three Hubs which are showing the "copied Hubs" symbol.  When I go to the Hub to check where the copy is, the "location" says "A-Composite".

When I click on "A-Composite", I get a HubPages 404 page.

Anyone else experiencing this?

1. habee profile image91
      habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Same here, Marisa.

2. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

This may not be the answer, but

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago

Hmmm.  I don't recall amalgamating anything.  Unless it means there are bits of the Hub used in several places,not just one.

4. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 4 years ago

Marisa, when I get one like that I have to take tiny chunks of my Hub (most often from the beginning of the Hub) and do searches for it and usually find that it's someone using the equivalent of three sentences or less.  And you are right that it's happening on multiple sites.

Of course sometimes when you find the plagiarized bits, it looks like a lot more due to having been stuffed with unrelated, linked keywords...  And, yes, I do fire off NOIs over something that little because it's the worst internet spammers who snip bits and bobs like that.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Relache. Looks like I have some work to do!

5. Mark Painter profile image59
    Mark Painterposted 4 years ago

The "A-Composite" copied site should no longer display as candidates for a DMCA complaint.  When it was showing up, it meant that small bits of a Hub matched various other Web sites, which isn't sufficient for our software to conclude any specific site was a copy.  Perhaps, the Hub was widely quoted, or itself used a common saying or quote.

Please, let us know, if you have further issues with this.