jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

1. Samoa6 profile image83
    Samoa6posted 4 years ago

I am new to hubpages and have recently posted a hub for which I would like to change the URL.  I have read elsewhere that this is not possible, so I was wondering if I might be able to delete the current hub and simply start it again as a new one with the proper URL.  If so, would this diminish my chances of getting an AdSense account approved?

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You're right - you cannot change the URL.

If you have already applied to adsense, you might want to wait until you get an answer before deleting hubs.  If not, unpublish the hub, make a new one but do not publish it.  Wait around a week, until a search for the old URL does not show up, and publish the new one.

1. Samoa6 profile image83
        Samoa6posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Many thanks - I already applied to adsense but they disapproved my account claiming 'insufficient content.'  Fair play to them - I had only just published my first hub!  In any case, I will not reapply until I have several more, so it seems I should take your advice and just wait to republish in about a week.  Not sure I understand why it takes a week for the old URL to quit appearing though - do you mean I should no longer find it if I search within hubpages?  Or externally?

1. sofs profile image87
          sofsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No, he means it is cached by Google and it will turn up a copy even when you do a search  after you unpublish  your hub. Waiting for a while would help.
          Having about ten hubs under your profile would speed up the process of Adsense approval.
          To share something with you, one of my early hubs which gets me my highest traffic has a URL that is totally different from the title.. it has been tweaked much later as I did not know much about keywords when I started out here.....so I wouldn't worry so much if I were you... I have tweaked many of my other hubs this way without having to unpublish them.
          I would only unpublish if I had a misleading title..not otherwise. Cheers smile

2. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 4 years ago

Sofs is correct.

While by rights have keyword in url, title and description should be the most important things (according to any SEO handbook), here on HP it actually isn't.

Title all the way.

I am useless at titles, think up a good catchy title, that includes your keywords, and you are almost guaranteed success, unless your hub is crap.

Oh, and the quickest way to get an adsense account, is to open a blogger blog, and put up a few posts.
    Then you will almost automatically be granted an Adsense account!

3. Samoa6 profile image83
    Samoa6posted 4 years ago

sofs and IzzyM - Thank you so much for your explanations and advice.  It is nice to be able to access good info so easily here.  Cheers!