jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Looking for feedback on my first hubs!

1. Shesabutterfly profile image92
    Shesabutterflyposted 5 years ago

Any beneficial criticism are welcome I'm looking to strengthen my writing and possibly get some money from these hubs. Thanks in advance for your advice and tips.

2. QuestionMaster profile image88
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

You need to break your hubs up more - try using multiple text capsules and putting subtitles on them - internet readers are more likely to click back than to read a whole bunch of text, they have short attention spans when they can get their information elsewhere.

Add some pictures, links, videos etc to maintain interest, also.

To learn how to get traffic, and therefore money, have a look at some guides on keywords.

Shesabutterflyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the advice. I've started figuring out ways to break them up in my latest hub, however I'm sure it could still use some work. With practice I'm sure I'll get much better.

As far as pictures and the like go, we can use them from Google images as long as we site correctly?

1. QuestionMaster profile image88
        QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'd recommend one paragraph (maybe 8 sentences?) per text capsule. Put a subtitle on and then 'browsers' can easily look through and see particular sub sections they want to read instead of having to scan the whole article.

This hub may help in finding pictures you can  use on your hubs: http://marisawright.hubpages.com/hub/Ho … -Your-Hubs

Just remember not to put the next to the first text capsule - that's where your Adsense advert should appear for best chances of clicks.

2. Shesabutterfly profile image92

I also noticed you didn't comment on the content of my hubs. Does that mean the content is good and I should focus more on the layout and format of my hubs to draw in readers?

Thanks again for the help. I appreciate the knowledge you're willing to share to help others succeed.

I just have one last question....regarding keywords I've done some searching and am still figuring it out, however when tagging hubs, is it wise to use their suggested tags? Do the tags directly correlate with the keywords or are they two different subjects altogether?

Thanks again!

1. QuestionMaster profile image88

Tags are not keywords. Tags create pages of hubs with the same tags, which means more "backlinks" to your hubs. Click a tag and you'll see what I mean.

You should:
          -Use your keywords in tags.
          -Aim for tags that have only a handful of hubs if possible (for instance, cars is too broad, but red cars might be good, while red cars with blue trim might be too specific.)
          -The suggestions are usually something you should ignore, they are just based on your most commonly used words/sentences in your hub.

For more info on SEO/Keywords etc, have a look at the links to some good guides on my profile page.

2. QuestionMaster profile image88

IMO content is important, but it's the least important part when it comes to getting people interested. Unfortunately, even spammy, boring hubs can get high traffic if they use keywords correctly. If you can write quality content AND draw search engine traffic, you're doing a great job!

working