jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (8 posts)

Copyright symbol on a hub appeared

1. michifus profile image86
    michifusposted 5 years ago

Hi,

I have just had a red copyright symbol appear on a hub in my hub overview. I take it that this is somehow a copyright infringement. Can anyone let me know what the problem could be - never seen one of these before on a hub, and there does not appear to be any news about it in the forums /hubpages posts.

When I go into the hub, there are no warning messages shown, as with other problems such too many tag warnings.

1. QuestionMaster profile image89
      QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's unusual- there should be more information in the black bar at the top of the hub, along with a link to where the hub has been copied and more information for lodging a DMCA complaint.

michifusposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yeah. I think the copyright symbol may mean I have infringed it; a hubpages violation. Maybe Ive had a complaint. Ive made some changes but its still there. But then again, if I had done something wrong, I would have thought I would be directly contacted about it, not hubpages. certainly in the first instance at least.

Maybe it has something to do with the recent changes to the terms and conditions/privacy policy. Who knows.

I'm sure all will become clear in time.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
          Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It means someone has copied it. Click on "copied hubs" in the black box and it will tell you where it is copied.

1. wilderness profile image96
            wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Maybe.  I have one on one of my hubs, too.  When it appeared I looked and looked, but could find no copy anywhere and the message didn't indicate where it might be. 

Finally e-mailed HP, who said it is a glitch, not to worry.  It's been there for weeks now.

Thanks Wilderness smile

1. wilderness profile image96
                wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome.  Just be sure to either fix the problem or check with HP - if there actually is a copy out there they will eventually unpublish your hub.

Just checked - Yep its stolen content.

working