jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

My hub has been hijacked by utopic?

1. bgamall profile image83
    bgamallposted 5 years ago

I am confused,as my hub has apparently been hubpage has been hijacked by utopic:

<link snipped>

And this is the link in Google!!@!

1. sofs profile image86
      sofsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I looked up this page..this is a bookmarking site and you hub has been bookmarked.  It is not stolen or hijacked as I see it...I may be wrong..
      Looks like you have bookmarked this one yourself.

bgamallposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What? I have never heard of Utopic. I will be out for the day, but I would like some more information. I don't know if I hit a button inadvertently but I never heard of Utopia until right now.

2. Mikel G Roberts profile image86
        Mikel G Robertsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Clever self promotion?  hmm

I don't need hubpage self promotion. If you bother to notice, I have had over 3000 people per day come to my articles on Business Insider. Shame on you.

Basically, you have called me a liar when I say I don't know what Utopia is. I don't need you and I hope I never communicate with you again.

And one more thing. I wrote this hub to include in an ebook. I don't give a rats behind what this hub does in terms of popularity.

And one more thing, I have been on hubpages a lot longer than you have. I don't need this sort of baloney from you. You owe me an apology. If I was serious about promoting a hub, I would do something stupid like put it in politics where those who are interested in politics would read it.

If I get anymore flack, without having my question answered, I will just unpublish the hub and put it on one of my personal websites, or since I have it saved for the ebook just keep it off the net.

2. QuestionMaster profile image89
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

When I put "A "Pox" on Ayn Rand's Philosophy and on the Banker Cartel" into Google, your hub came up first and the Utopic one came up second.

Basically it's just one of those bookmarking browsers like when you use stumbleupon.

I don't think there's any harm in it (I believe any ad clicks etc would still  be yours) but if you want to outrank it, I'd recommend throwing a few backlinks at the original article.

Oh, thanks. I did it this morning and it was only the utopia and I thought there was something fishy. So it is like Stumbleupon, I feel better. I will delete the hub from this forum since we have a troll accusing me of sinister self promotion. Thanks for the advice too.

To late to edit. If there is a moderator here who would take the utopia link down, then go for it. I don't feel like putting up with a bunch of crap from Roberts.

1. QuestionMaster profile image89
        QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's a very newbie idea that posting your own links on the forum will do much in the way of getting you traffic, anyway smile Search engines are where the traffic comes from, not other hubbers.

Glad I could help.

YW. I post links to major blogs concerned with economics. I have a lot of sites to promote and it does little to try to promote here. I have been on these forums for a long time and don't promote! In the old days you could put a link to your site if it was in the context of the discussion but I doubt if that is even allowed anymore.

3. PaulaHenry1 profile image69
    PaulaHenry1posted 5 years ago

Why worry what others are thinking of you? You know what you did or dint do, so dont sweat over it. Anger wasted if you ask me..smile

You are correct. I just don't like pundits who don't know what they are tallking about. All he had to do was ask. I am over it now.

working