jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)

Does unpublishing my low traffic hubs improve my Ranking?

1. nanospeck profile image75
    nanospeckposted 4 years ago

Does unpublishing my hubs with low value, low ranking and low traffic improve my ranking as an author in search engines and increase traffic to currently popular hubs? has anyone tried this? does the hp staff have any intell on this?

1. sofs profile image87
      sofsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Edit , tweak , SEO your hubs..there is always scope for improvement, why would you want to delete your hubs..?? Some of my low scoring hubs get me better traffic than my high scoring ones.. scores are just numbers ..don't take them seriously. I have never deleted any of my low scoring poetry hubs.. they are mine and shall remain so smile

1. lobobrandon profile image82
        lobobrandonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

one hub of mine on weight loss that hasn't crossed 10 views this whole month is giving my other hubs competition and it was the fist hub (of two) to reach the 90 points mark....
        So points don't give you the real value of a hub

2. viryabo profile image88
      viryaboposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Been wondering myself, so im experimenting and doing just that.
      Any improvement yet? Cant really tell, but i took this advice while "reading between the lines" of what Relache mentioned in some forum ....somewhere.

Im implementing it a couple at a time, slowly, so i can detect a pattern if there will be any.

Since then, i have had a few really good days, but then that can be attributed to the surge/plunge. Im not sure YET, like i said.

2. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

I have wondered this as well.

3. CyclingFitness profile image93
    CyclingFitnessposted 4 years ago

What's to say that in the not too distant future something happens regards to these hubs that gains you good traffic? All it takes is a few people to like on facebook for a jump in the rankings

If you don't feel those hubs are well written then it's worthwhile tweaking them, updating and imroving the content so why let what was likely some hard work go to waste?

One of my lower scoring hubs which never gets higher than a low 70's hubscore is one of my most consistant traffic sources.

As long as you have a hubber score above 75 and a hubscore above 40 you should have no need to delete (I may be wrong on these figures)

4. QuestionMaster profile image90
    QuestionMasterposted 4 years ago

There are hubbers who have reported hubs that get close to no traffic for over a year, then those hubs suddenly take off and get hundreds of views.

Really, the more content you have out there the better (as long as it's not spammy or really low quality.)

If you unpublish something, it loses all it's "aging" time with Google, and if you ever republish it, it has to start all over again.

5. CyclingFitness profile image93
    CyclingFitnessposted 4 years ago

I've found that my hubberscore has previously improved slightly just after deleting unpublished hubs which i've left untouched for a while.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image92
      mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Me too, but it wasn't my Hubber Score, it was my average Hub score that went up when I deleted a couple of hubs I was never going to finish for various reasons.

6. nanospeck profile image75
    nanospeckposted 4 years ago

Hm.. my concern was that sometime during the panda updates G announced that low quality content in a page may affect the ranking of other high quality pages if both are in the same website. I didn't actually meant the 'score' I was talking about the traffic and quality. However, the point that some hubs suddenly get traffic after a year or two have just made me think again before unpublishing my currently low traffic hubs.

7. thooghun profile image88
    thooghunposted 4 years ago

I did a little research on this myself since I have quite a few dormant hubs. From what I gather, only penalized content will negatively effect other hubs on your sub domain. Don't quote me on that though.

For instance, duplicate or poorly written content, low-quality outbound links and black hat SEO techniques that resulted in a ranking spanking on a single hub may have contaminated the rest. Content which is otherwise fine, but has not found visibility due to competitive or nonexistent search queries should not have an impact at all.

I said maybe, and that's final...

1. QuestionMaster profile image90
      QuestionMasterposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'd agree with this. Except about the "ranking spanking" (haha that's an awesome term btw!)

Hub scores are determined by things like traffic and it's not unusual to see a really spammy hub with a high hub score - or a really high quality hub with a low score.

1. thooghun profile image88
        thooghunposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Glad you like the term QM, with ranking spanking I was referring to search engine ranking though, as you say hub score is usually a little illusory smile

1. HikeGuy profile image83
          HikeGuyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I've seen improvements in traffic and hubscores on older hubs after  updating them and tweaking the keywords and tags. One was in the low 70s when I returned after a long time away. Now it's in the 80s and has steady outside traffic. It would have been a waste to delete it just because the score was lower than the others.