jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

My earnings are dropping, why?

1. jfay2011 profile image61
    jfay2011posted 4 years ago

For the last six days my earnings were increasing from on quarter to fifty cents a day.  Suddenly in the last few days the increase is only ten cents a day.  I am wondering why.  In the last three or four days I have been posting my links in a bunch of other social bookmarking places.  Twitter, igoogle, digg, facebook, yahoo updates, delicious and a few other places.
    Would hubpages pick up on that and reduce my earnings?  Can they get reduced for other reasons?  In the last three days, I had one duplicate recipe hub that I had to cancel.  Would that be part of it?
    And I have social bookmarked in these places.  Would it probably take some time before I start to see a rise in traffic from these sites?

1. mary615 profile image95
      mary615posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't understand your statement about having a duplicate recipe Hub that you had to cancel.  Why would you publish a duplicate?  Did I understand your statement correctly?????

jfay2011posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I couldn't find my mom's apple cake recipe so I published one I found online and they figured out it was a duplicate so I didn't republish it.  But since then, I found my mom's recipe and published hers.  Yay.

2. thooghun profile image88
    thooghunposted 4 years ago

Traffic is capricious and cyclical. Bear in mind that traffic and earnings are usually lower on weekends as people are out and about. Keep doing your thing regardless of traffic slumps.

jfay2011posted 4 years ago in reply to this

True.  I didn't think of the weekend.  It's only been in the last few days.  I'm going to type up the third chapter to my story soon, but might let it sit a day before I publish so the ranking will go up.  I've just been commenting and looking at hopping hubs and stuff today.  Sometimes I just have to catch up on that.