jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)

295 views to tracker but no sign ups

1. jfay2011 profile image60
    jfay2011posted 4 years ago

I just checked and I have had 295 views to my tracker in just a few days, but no signups yet.  Can it take a little bit?  I have been posting an ad in igoogle to get people to sign up and on twitter, but no bites yet.

1. rochelj profile image79
      rocheljposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have had over 2,500 traffic views to my trackers, with one signup that created one hub so far.
      It can take a lot of views to get signups.

However, even when they don't sign up, their views help you, because you get a percentage of impressions for the ad views.

2. Durant profile image76
      Durantposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I had 2 sign-ups with 48 views, and now 3 with 91 views. That is higher because I was telling people about the opportunity to earn some money on HubPages. If I just added my tracker to posted links it would probably be very ineffective.

Just try to experiment with what ways work to get sign-ups.

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Your results are not atypical.

3. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 4 years ago

I have had a lot more views before I got a sign up, and then the person published no hubs. I think I have had a grand total of 5 people sign up and write at least one hub (sometimes that is all, so far, no prolific writers likely to earn much traffic or money). Even if you get a sign up that still doesn't mean they will write or use their accounts some other way.

1. jfay2011 profile image60
      jfay2011posted 4 years ago in reply to this

true. Atypical?  No thesaurus or dictionary today.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
        Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Google it

2. rochelj profile image79
        rocheljposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Atypical is not typical.

so if it's not atypical, then it's basically typical.

tongue twisters, anybody?

4. mistyhorizon2003 profile image93
    mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago

I think so far I have had about 4 or 5 signups, and only one has ever published any Hubs, and that isn't many! I started using a tracker code about 6-8 months ago I reckon. Sloooooowwww process, so don't expect much or rely on this as a method of income. I have earned more from Webanswers.com than signups, (HP income I do well on from HPAds however).

5. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 4 years ago

if it helps, my ratio is somewhere near 500 signups for every 250,000 tracker views.

Like any conversion ... only a certain type of traffic/viewer will be interested in signing up and writing.

6. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 4 years ago

Hub pages is one place that just about everybody knows about. Ezine articles is the hot place to write articles, and besides, they let you re-publish articles that are published on other sites.  You can rewrite articles post them there also without being considered duplicate content because one sentence is duplicated like they flag you for here.

People don't want to have to continue writing a brand new article for every site they use, which is what it is coming to.

7. brittanytodd profile image91
    brittanytoddposted 4 years ago

I have tons of views on them and only 4 signups.  None of them have actually written any hubs.  I use my trackers to see how many clicks I get off of a certain sharing platform, though.

8. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

In the scheme of page views through trackers and sign-ups, 295 is right next to zero. 

Just wait until you get a sign-up or two (or even a few dozen) and none of them has built any Hubs.

1. David 470 profile image86
      David 470posted 4 years ago in reply to this

So true. Even if someone does sign-up, that does not mean they will write hubs.