jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

How many of you write on Knol?

1. Richieb799 profile image66
    Richieb799posted 4 years ago

Its obviously good because its Google, I don't know how good they are for backlinking because the links you put in an article don't seem to come up on Yahoo site explorer :S

1. emrldphx profile image60
      emrldphxposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Google has something similar to Hubpages where links are no-follow until you meet certain requirements. I don't remember what their criteria are however.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

What do you mean by "good"?  There's a long-standing myth that Blogger must do better on Google than other blogging platforms because Google owns it, but it's simply not true.  So I doubt Knol gets any benefit either.

I wrote a couple of things there but can't see much point if the links are no follow.

2. Richieb799 profile image66
    Richieb799posted 4 years ago

Yeah I just read somewhere that they are nofollow, its not as good as HP anyway..It has a nice aesthetic to it but no forum etc like HP

3. melbel profile image93
    melbelposted 4 years ago

I'll have to check out Knol. I keep meaning to and never do. Thank you for the reminder.

How does monetization work in collaboration?

4. QuestionMaster profile image87
    QuestionMasterposted 4 years ago

From memory Knol is like wikipedia in one way - anyone can edit your article.

And from the hubbers I've known who've tried it, they've reported reported low traffic and little earnings.

I think it's just another of Google's failures.