jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

What was the best Christmas you ever had and why do u say so

1. lobobrandon profile image83
    lobobrandonposted 5 years ago

Asked by me on behalf of Seeker7 as his thread is gloomy http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/87141
    I thought of just moving away from sorrows for a while and seeing the bright side of things smile

2. WriteAngled profile image90
    WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

As far as I am concerned, Christmas is c__p.

I "celebrate" it with my adult daughters because I think that is what they want. It would be highly amusing if both of them secretly would also prefer ignoring this most tedious and commercially overrun occasion.

lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hmmm smile I take it as a time of family get together. I know its really tiring but its worth it.

2. mary615 profile image95
      mary615posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Everyone in my family thinks I am Scrooge, Jr.  Retailers start much too early with all this Christmas stuff.  I get SO tired of hearing the same old music over and over:  drives me nuts!  I'd be happier if retailers would just wait until Halloween is over before ramming their wares down my throat.  I agree with you WriteAngled!

lobobrandonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Haha smile smile big_smile That's sad to hear sad
        Here in India no chrismas carols till I play them myself just on Christmas day the shops play them so its cool big_smile

1. WriteAngled profile image90
          WriteAngledposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Living in a country with no Xmas carols in shops would be bliss to me.

As for family celebrations, my daughters and I had a fantastic time when we travelled abroad on a long weekend together instead of buying each other birthday presents. That was far more fun and rewarding than any Xmas.

1. mary615 profile image95
            mary615posted 5 years ago in reply to this

One of the nicest Christmases I can remember was when my grown daughters (3 of them) and I went on a cruise.  It was beautiful.  The ship was decorated, and I didn't have to do anything!  No cooking, no cleaning, no decorating.......Wish I could do that again this year, but I can't. sad

working