jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Have you ever seen one of your Hubs featured on www.allthingsnow.com?

1. Green Lotus profile image62
    Green Lotusposted 5 years ago

All Things Now -  www.allthingsnow.com is a type of repository that displays the most popular links on Facebook, although it claims to be a search engine that "scans the web for interesting content daily".

I was recently made aware that one of my Hubs was showing up on allthingsnow so I checked it out.

Unlike a Google search result, allthingsnow gives viewers a live window of your site (or Hub page in this case), including active links. I was signed in to HP at the time I found my article on allthingsnow and discovered that I could edit the hub from their window!

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Perhaps someone can explain what type of technology is presented here. I just want to confirm that others viewing my Hub while I am signed on to HubPages will not be able to edit it.

I did find other Hubs on this site and while no one was active, I did have the option to sign in as if I was the author.

Thanks!

2. QuestionMaster profile image89
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

Since they wouldn't have access to the HP database of information, they wouldn't be able to allow other users to change your content since they don't have your password.

It's really like an "in browser browser" is the closest I can think of it.

Kind of like the stumble or digg ones or even blogger - you have the site's info at the top but can browse the 'net normally through it.

Green Lotusposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your quick reply QM. It was just a bit unsettling to see a "live" editable hub on a search engine result. I logged out of HP, then went to view it again and it was not editable. Still, it must link to my on-line status somehow. I'm sure there's nothing to worry about, but I'm unfamiliar with the technology hmm

1. QuestionMaster profile image89
        QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Here's another thread that may interest you, on a similar topic:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/87185

Green Lotusposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks again QM. Looks like a similar site.

working