jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Worrying info on adsense account

1. Polly C profile image88
    Polly Cposted 5 years ago

Having just looked at my adsense account, which hasn't been making much recently, I have realised that on the performance reports (under sites) a website that I have never heard of is listed under my own three sites. I clicked on it, it appears to be in chinese. I am really concerned because a while back I couldn't enter my password for my account, it came up as invalid. I usually have my computer remember the password but it is pretty significant to me and so I would not forget it. I tried several times and then changed the password and never had the problem since. I can only assume that the account was hacked - and that they probably have my address, email etc. The page views for the chinese website are extremely low but I want rid of it, how do I do that? I wanted to contact adsense but could only locate the invalid clicks page - should I report it there? Any help much appreciated.

2. Richieb799 profile image65
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

I had a Google message saying that many Accounts are hacked if you use the same password for different sites so I changed mine the other day. The worrying thing is if they change your bank details in Adsense

Polly Cposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi Richie, bank details seem ok, thankfully, but I still don't know how to get this site off my account. Do you think I should report it then?

3. Richieb799 profile image65
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

If its under URL channels, go to 'My Ads' tab next to 'Home' and then you should see URL channels and you can remove it from there. Its not handled in performance reports anymore.

Other than that, if everything appears normal just change your password..its up to you

Ok, thanks Richie. I have already changed my password and everything else looks normal. I have used that password on other sites so will have to be more careful - still a bit worrying though.

4. WriteAngled profile image90
    WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

I use the Google authenticator on my phone. It generates a number, which I have to enter in addition to my password to access any Google service. I got it after my Gmail was hacked last year.

That's a good idea, though looks like you have to have a smartphone to use it (which I don't). Hate the idea that someone can do this - but you never think it will  happen to you until it does (at least I don't)!

2. nicregi profile image63
      nicregiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi WriteAngled,

Thank you for that. I was wondering how I can be 'safe' when I am using Android. Thanks for the tips smile

working