jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Can I got to other sites and post my hubs to get traffic?

1. jfay2011 profile image61
    jfay2011posted 4 years ago

Someone said I could get flagged as spam.  Does that mean I can't go to other sites such as digg, blogger, igoogle, yahoo 360, facebook, twitter, etc and post my links to my hubs?  I want to get traffic to my sites.  Why social bookmark then?  It doesn't make sense. 

Why would I get flagged as spam for advertising my hubs places?  Isn't that why everyone wants to social bookmark their stuff.  We want to get traffic to our hubs.  How are you going to do that if you don't social bookmark?

Some of us can't rely on keywords alone.

1. Sally's Trove profile image100
      Sally's Troveposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Certainly you can post links to your hubs at other sites. There's nothing wrong with that, given you aren't spamming or posting through spamming sites.

However, you cannot publish your hubs on other sites in their entirety, because that would be "duplicate" content, penalized by HP.

I don't know what kind of advice you got from "someone".

2. paxwill profile image80
      paxwillposted 4 years ago in reply to this

HubPages staff can't control what you do on other sites, they can only control what you do on HubPages.  It's the staff of the social bookmarking sites you have to deal with.  There have been cases where people got their accounts banned on other sites because they only posted links to one site (for example, their articles on HP) and subsequently got flagged as spammers. 

The best thing to do is make sure you bookmark other things besides your hubs.  Look for interesting news stories, cool photos, etc that you can bookmark in addition to your hubs and you should be fine.

2. rmcrayne profile image94
    rmcrayneposted 4 years ago

You got excellent advice in one of your many other threads:

I suggest you do lots of homework in the form of reading.  I printed and read hubs for 4-5 weeks on HubPages before I joined the site, and then another week after, and before I wrote any hubs. A lot of the early reading was over my head, but one thing I learned from reading the forums was that hubbers take your questions more seriously if you have done your due diligence. 

Look for reliable sources like relache, sunforged, darkside, Lissie, Mark Knowles, thisisoli, Maddie Ruud.  You can also try this hub:

3. QuestionMaster profile image89
    QuestionMasterposted 4 years ago

You really need to stop posting and start reading some of the well written replies that give you all the information you need.