Mother and wife fighting over dead soldier's body

1. IzzyM profile image84
    IzzyMposted 4 years ago

I was reading this article in the paper today. … -23575385/
    I think with the wife being only in her 20s, her husband's body should be buried near his Mum's place like she wants.
    I think if it gets buried near the wife, in a few short years it'll be left overgrown and unattended when she meets someone else.
    His mum, on the other hand, will always care for her boy, till the day she goes to her own grave, and beyond, because being a family plot others will take care of it in future.
    What do you think?

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 4 years ago

..i'm in the middle about what you wrote (didn't read the article)...the wife should consider the entire family's grief and loss however...if she loved him, i figure she'll take care of things no matter what her age, where ever he is for a family plot, well, it depends on who has the dough/time to continue maintaining it - cuz there is a maintenance cost in Canada anyway. ...just went through it myself and made sure everyone was as happy as I possibly could and of course couldn't make everyone happy, but then again, they weren't spending a dime ...and now it's all about me.....

1. IzzyM profile image84
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I think there is probably a maintenance cost in Scotland too - I'm getting cremated and thrown to the wind so I haven't looked into that aspect too closely.

Sorry to hear you are having problems.