jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (8 posts)

Amazon

1. Jean Bakula profile image94
    Jean Bakulaposted 5 years ago

I made over $100.00 on Amazon about 2 months ago. I think they hold it back for one month, but it seems long. And what are we supposed to do to make the change that HP is doing with Amazon? Thanks.

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Nothing at the moment. Keep an eye on the sticky thread at the top and there will probably be something towards the end of December, as they are making it compulsory at the start of the new year.

2. Gordon Hamilton profile image93
      Gordon Hamiltonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The reason they hold it back, Jean, is because customers have a return and refund option. If you earned your money two months ago (September?) you should be paid very late November/ early December, though I have noticed the payment issue date is getting later and later with Amazon, a day or so each month.

Re Amazon changes on Hub Pages, Izzy is right and you should watch for Hub Pages staff telling you what action is required via the threads on the forums. I would imagine e-mails will also be sent out, as well as details in the weekly newsletter.

Jean Bakulaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Izzy and Gordon. I am glad that the changes will not take place until after Christmas, as I am unsure if it's good or bad. Actually, I did just notice that a customer returned something on Amazon. I saw the sale of a book and really could not recall putting it on one of my hubs, the person must have made a mistake on the order. I'm not a regular on the forums, but I'll keep an eye out. Thanks for the quick response as usual.

1. QuestionMaster profile image90
          QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

smile Jean, once they click through, you get commission on EVERYTHING that a person buys once they click through your Amazon link, in their first sale within 24 hours. Often people click through, start browsing and buy something completely different.

Only about 10% of my items sold are ones that have any relation to my hub. In fact the other day I sold several hundred dollars of steak knives and the closest thing I have on any of my hubs on that account are fruit juicers!

Thanks QuestionMaster, I wondered about that. If I am shopping on a hub, I would just stay there and keep going too. So that makes sense for some of the oddball things I saw people order through me! Especially now with the holiday season, I get on and sometimes shop for quite a long time. I hope others are in the same mood!

1. QuestionMaster profile image90
              QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's the reason it's often a good idea to just GET them to Amazon - the more people that get there, the more chance that you'll have one decide that today is the day to do all their Christmas shopping.

A hubber reported a few years back someone clicking through and buying a ring worth several thousand dollars - hopefully if we refer enough cheap items, someone with lots of money will go on a spending spree!

We'll keep our fingers crossed!

working