jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (9 posts)

When we edit do we get better results with google?

1. jfay2011 profile image61
    jfay2011posted 4 years ago

Today, I am going back into my hubs and am going to be editing some stuff and keywords and all that stuff.  After we edit our stuff, does it show up in Google?  I'm not sure if I want to edit all my hubs, but want to edit the ones that I want more traffic to.  Does Google relook at stuff and help it show up better in the search engines?
    I have been posting questions here, as I get a quick answer and that is what the forums are for.  This will probably be the last question for a little bit.  I will give it a rest.
    I think I will be doing some research and I am hoping my research books come in the mail tonight.

1. mary615 profile image94
      mary615posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have edited some of mine after taking the advice of the "Title Tuner".  I really think it helped, too.

1. 2uesday profile image89
        2uesdayposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It is a useful tool but a bit like a spell checker you need to question is it the right thing to do before you change. I think that the % it gives sometimes might look high but when you think about the figures for the hub it might be less in numbers than you would think initially.  Still it is useful and helpful to use.

1. IzzyM profile image84
          IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You got it exactly Sue!

You have to look at all the search terms people use to find your hub.

50% of 2 is 1 (obviously) but the tool will suggest you change your title because 1 searcher used a different search term.

It means nothing in this scenario - they still found your hub, didn't they?

But if 50 people out of 100 were using this term, then it is time to think of title change.

1. jfay2011 profile image61
            jfay2011posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Cool, "title tuner?" Where can I go to look at that?  I took the time to go through and clean up my hubs yesterday.  That took a while as I've got seventy or more hubs now.  I at least went back and edited all the keywords, fixed some links and other stuff.  Redid the camera one into a different hub.  I've been going back into some today and changing my photos for some so have been using some google images that relate to the hub.  Comes in handy for recipe hubs as I don't often think to take pictures of my food.  I suddenly did notice a rise to the hubs yesterday and today so I can see it works.  Was surprised to see it jump almost seventy cents today instead of a dime or a quarter.  Over time do you see a difference?  Found a toilet overflowing picture for my plumbing disaster hub.  I think I had a flower pic earlier.  Like that relates.  And I still have a lot of earlier hubs that don't have any links or amazon capsules in them.  Will take the time to clean them up too.  thanks for the info.  Greatly appreciated.  Now I can envision buying something other than a candy bar or a bag of chips.  Although my doctor said my blood pressure was slightly higher today so she wants to have me get a shot instead of being on birth control pills.  She said that can make it higher.  Plus lay off the chips.

1. Cardisa profile image91
              Cardisaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Google likes when you keep your content fresh, when they see you keep updating they push you up the ranks.

2. QuestionMaster profile image88
              QuestionMasterposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Link to the title tuner, which is in your account section: http://hubpages.com/my/hubs/title-tuner

When you edit things, Google will "recrawl" the page. To get it recrawled faster, you can 'ping' it using a site like pingler. Or just wait for Google - it crawls HP pretty regularly anyway.

Yes, some edits can help your hub rank better. On the other hand, if you were ranking well for a term and then change that term, you might end up with less traffic.

3. rmcrayne profile image94
              rmcrayneposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Disappointed that you seem to have ignored much of the feedback you have been given.

HubPages is not for personal blogging.  From HP Terms of Use: 

HubPages is not like a traditional blog site, where you publish journal-type entries. Hubs can contain some personal content, but should be interesting, useful, and easily understandable to someone who does not know you personally.

2. 2uesday profile image89
    2uesdayposted 4 years ago

Google and the other search engines constantly crawl and update.