jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

aol answers duplicate content.

1. TheFont profile image76
    TheFontposted 4 years ago

Somebody has been using sections from my hubs (copy and pasted) as answers on aol answers. They then link back to their own site. These answers now rank above my hubs. Should I ask for them to be removed, or does this not really matter.

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You said "these answers now rank above my hubs" and "does this not really matter" almost in the same sentence!

This is YOUR hard work, why should someone else take it away from you?

Complain to both AOL answers, and this person's site, telling them bluntly to remove your content or face a DMCA.

That usually does it, but if they ignore you, there are instructions on how to file a DMCA in the learning centre.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 4 years ago

I'm not someone who allows plagiarists to get away with such things, but if you don't care, that's your choice.

3. Michael Willis profile image77
    Michael Willisposted 4 years ago

Sounds like this person is and has done this more than once for "Their" benefit and taking advantage of your work they are stealing. I would file the DMCA to AOL and and this person's Website. If they are using Adsense, you can file to Google as well.

4. TheFont profile image76
    TheFontposted 4 years ago

Thank you- I thought that is what I should do. I have never checked this before but given that I am now earning 10% of what I was this time last year I thought I should look into why. It was quite a shock to see just how much stealing of content goes on. I'm sure there are other reasons too, but this can't help.

I will file the DCMA to aol. I've already tried their website direct, but surprise, surprise no contact details. I'll complain to google too though. Thanks so much for your advice.