jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)

A thief amongst us

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

I flagged this hours ago but it's still up. This guy has stolen another hubbers hub.

Here is the hub he copied:

http://jy3502.hubpages.com/hub/Dodge-Th … y?comments

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I just flagged as well, UV. Hope HP staff are on the ball today because I flagged loads of hubs several hours ago that were spun or translated. The loonies are out in force.

1. jfay2011 profile image61
        jfay2011posted 4 years ago in reply to this

thinking of this, reminds me of an email I got yesterday that I should report to hubpages soon.  Some woman sent me an email and hubpages was mentioned.  She had this whole story about their millions and some sob story and she needs my personal info.  I deleted her first email and have received a second.  When I get a chance, I'm going to forward the message over to hubpages so they can flag it as spam.

2. wilderness profile image97
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Flagged both hub and profile.  Good catch.

3. IzzyM profile image87

Hmmm...15 hours later and it is still there?

2. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 4 years ago

I hadn't looked at the new hubs for a while, until earlier, and was shocked at some of the poor translated spun garbage that is once more being thrust upon HP.

When are HP going to pull the chain and say enough is enough?

One guy had something like 27 hubs up, over a few weeks, and to add insult to injury he'd then spread his barely legible, made for adsense, muck all over the web.

And his hubs weren't pulled?

But daily we hear of good hubbers losing hubs through something stupid like a misplaced link.

I know there is only a few staffers and 1000s of hubbers but surely we learnt something after Panda?

1. Lissie profile image86
      Lissieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Apparently not. And you wonder why the good hubbers are leaving in droves?

1. IzzyM profile image87

Glad to see you are still around, Lissie, even though you are neither publishing nor posting, much.

This could still be a great platform, if only the staff could incorporate some tiny changes.

Like I felt for Keith Tax in his leaving thread, though I hope he doesn't actually leave.

HP unpublishing messages are sometimes ambiguous. Unrelated links. If, like Keith you are unaware of them, what are unrelated links?

He kicked up a fuss in the forums, and along came Jason who said it was z, y and z, which I thought was decent of him.

But why could this not have been sorted by email? Why could staff not say directly to Keith Tax, your hub violates rules x and x because of y and y.

I don't get it.

Yes an open publishing platform is all well and good, but excuse me, I am suffering because HP got Google slapped.

It is in my interests to see that spammers, copiers, spinners are booted off her for good.

I have put two good years of my life into this.

1. Lissie profile image86
          Lissieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm only around because I'm keeping an eye on the forums until they confirm that they are destroying my Amazon income. Its the fascination of a train wreck I suppose :-(

Yeah I saw Keith's thread as well, which is what made me snarky here, I mean if there wasn't all this crap still being published, I'd have some respect for these, so-called, higher editorial standards, as it is it looks more like a witch (warlock?) hunt.

I still make some money here, but its not my focus, simply I can't afford it to be, I make my living online, and I need to be in control of my own content to do that - which is why I put my content on my own sites now.

I'm in the middle of writing a book helping small business owner's start their first website. Maybe I should write one for hubbers needing the same thing - what do you think?

2. lobobrandon profile image81
          lobobrandonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It should be something like, if 5 hubbers with a hub score of 90+ or 80+ or something like that flag a hub then it should be temporarily unpublished until further review. And if at all a hubber misuses the privilege then he/she should not be allowed to flag further on.

3. Millionaire Tips profile image88
    Millionaire Tipsposted 4 years ago

The hub in question is no longer there.

1. 0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 4 years ago in reply to this