Choose the Photo for Sharing on Facebook

1. GmaGoldie profile image86
    GmaGoldieposted 4 years ago

I just tried to share my article on tile roofs and I started with how solar roofs work but the point of the article was the design change for solar roofing tile and I wanted another photo to be promoted on my Facebook. Is there a way for us to choose?
    I tried to move the photo I wanted to the very top and yet the same photo appeared when I tried to share this article again.
    I just started sharing on Facebook. I never use Facebook and recently someone hacked into my Facebook was sharing articles about alcohol. I informed Facebook but Friendstream still has the articles posted so I feel forced to start sharing articles on Facebook. I was dismayed to see I didn't have a choice for the photo that I would share with the article.

2. QuestionMaster profile image88
    QuestionMasterposted 4 years ago

If you post the LINK directly to Facebook, you have the option to cycle through the photos that FB finds on the page, to choose one you like (just use the arrows under the photo, before you post the link.)

Unfortunately there's no such way to determine what photo gets shared if you 'like' the page.

There are other sites which let you choose a 'feature image', which I think is a good idea as it guarantees what image will display with that page.