jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

C C license HTML ????

1. cavallo profile image61
    cavalloposted 4 years ago

Have been sent H T M L text for the C C license. Not being at all technical have no idea where to put it Exactly and how ?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You can't add the HTML. However, you can post it as text. It will strip out images but you will get something like I have on this hub:

http://uninvitedwriter.hubpages.com/hub … rol-Snacks

2. Pcunix profile image89
      Pcunixposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Do mean a Creative Commons license?

I would first question why you'd want to do that, but it's easy enough to break  it down.

First, open a text capsule.  Click the Edit button, then the tiny "html" on far left.  Past the HTML you got in there and click the "Cleanup" button.  Most of the HTMl will disappear, but you will be left with the text you want and the link to the license.

If you want the image too, you need to look at the part of the html that begins with "src=".  The stuff in quotes after that is the location of the image, which you can put in a picture capsule if you want. 

As you can add a source and a caption to the picture, you can then look at the part that begins with "href=" and put that in as the source of the image and in the caption do "This work is licensed under a Creative Commons blah-blah"

But again, why?

cavalloposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The Why first. Long time ago someone took advantage of my honesty and used it to their advantage. Would like to prevent that happening again ,if I can. It also makes me feel more comfortable writing on here.
        Thank you very much for the information, which I will try to digest. Love being on here and meeting folk such as yourselves. All very helpful and supportive. Once again thank you.

2. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 4 years ago

The reason I say you shouldn't use this is threefold:

First, many people will assume that a Creative Commons license always means free to copy and use for any purpose.

Second, even if you do not allow commercial use and they bother to read it, many will not realize that copying and running ads IS commercial use.   Even if they read http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Defining_Noncommercial they may STILL think that!

Finally, someone CAN copy your work, which will dilute your and HP's ability to earn money from your hub.

So a CC license is NOT going to protect you and MAY do just the opposite.

Your work is automatically copyrighted.  Add a "Copyright 2011 blah blah" text capsule if you want, but you do not need to.

Hi Tony. It is not something I know a lot about. Just got more wary over the years. It is informative feedback that I need. Just like you have given. Good it is too.
      Will refrain from placing anything to do with copyright on my hubs. Thank you for the information. As anyone can copy a hub will have to think more on what I do write.

1. Pcunix profile image89
        Pcunixposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No, that's not what I said.  There's nothing wrong with adding 'Copyright by blah blah" if it makes you feel better.  You don't NEED to, but it won't hurt.  It's that Creative Commons license that ALLOWS copying that I think you should avoid.

Hello,me again,lol . Just read and Copied this below. I'm learning.
          Copyright attaches as soon as the original work is created, and applies to both published and unpublished works. As soon as you type words, click the shutter on your camera (or, for many of you, hit the home button on your iPhone), apply paint to canvas or paper or lay down tracks for your next hit, you’ve got a copyright (with some exceptions).

Copyright is an automatic right and does not require the author to file special paperwork, as is the case for trademark and patent. Registration is required to enforce the rights, but as a matter of right, an author is not required to register anything to get the right to use the “circle c,” showing the work is copyrighted  It has made things a lot clearer to me.