jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Proper Way to Add a Hub to Your Blogger Account

1. GmaGoldie profile image87
    GmaGoldieposted 4 years ago

I just started blogging and was adding mostly my work. I started to see other hubs and wanted to include them in my Barbie Doll hubs. What is the proper way to add them to my blog? Contact the author privately? Leave a comment without a link thanking them for their work and sharing with them that you are back linking to their article? I don't wish to take credit - I simply wish to enrich the blog with more articles. I probably don't need these articles - I have plenty of my own but I would like to be comprehensive.

2. Azure11 profile image87
    Azure11posted 4 years ago

Are you talking about actually copying the content of someone else's hub on to your blog or just adding a link to it? If the former then I don't think you should do this - it would create duplicate content for one thing and the hub owner would not like this. If you are just adding a link then likely the hub owner would be fine as more backlinks add to the credibility of the original article.

3. GmaGoldie profile image87
    GmaGoldieposted 4 years ago

Oh, I am sorry - linking - using the share this button. I must get used to this terminology.

Thank you very much for the guidance.

1. Jean Bakula profile image96
      Jean Bakulaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sometimes a person of similar interests will let you write a guest piece on your blog, if you begin emailing back and forth. I haven't done it yet because my blog is cranky and only works sometimes. But it's worth it to both of you if you add good content to each other's blogs.

2. livewithrichard profile image86
      livewithrichardposted 4 years ago in reply to this

As Cagsil pointed out, you don't need anyone's permission to link to their content, provided the content on your own site is not frowned on by Google or other search engines.  Don't copy the other author's content or even ad lib them, just say something like:  "LiveWithRichard, on Hubpages, had an interesting idea on how to dress vintage Barbie dolls"  where the bold text is, you would insert a link back to the mentioned hub.  This would become an anchor text link using keywords that the hub author would probably use.

When you click on the 'link to this page' at the bottom of every hubpage, the html for the will be provided.  Then while editing your blog post, just highlight the text you want to link and insert the html provided.

4. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

I have a Christmas blog which I have set up links linking back to many hubs, covering a variety of Christmas items/topics.

I even wrote a couple of small posts to promote a hub I linked to. You don't need approval to link to relevant items. If the person finds it and wants it removed, then let them say so, otherwise, it's a link(backlink) for them.

When I post things to my blogs, I use the "share" button and select blog. Since I have four blogs running, I then click on the drop down menu in the upper left corner and pick the blog I want to post to. You can enter text for the post and it will automatically link back to that hub, once you post it.