jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Poetry hubs. How to attract advertising?

1. GoodLady profile image82
    GoodLadyposted 4 years ago

How do you make Hubs with poems in them  attractive to advertising- since poetry doesn't appear to be commercial?
    Hoping that by including the link to the poem Hub I wrote the other day I'm not doing anything to upset.  (I'd like advice on how to make it a better Hub.)
    Would appreciate on advice for when writing more 'literary' Hubs.  Thanks.

2. QuestionMaster profile image90
    QuestionMasterposted 4 years ago

Unfortunately literary writing is a very personal experience - each person writes the way they do for a reason. And on the internet, writing isn't usually about the reason, but the money.

Creative writing online is a notoriously poor money maker - the main thing you can do is make sure that the title etc have information about the type of poem. You do (a short love poem.) One of the best ways to earn online from creative writing is put it in a format that requires payment BEFORE reading - such as a kindle book or ebook.

As for getting adverts, not sure on that sorry. Maybe try changing your tags around or use the Google keyword tool to have a look for some ideas.

1. GoodLady profile image82
      GoodLadyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you!  Taking it on board.  So much to learn here and I am fascinated by it.  Also just realizing what a superb community this is, with writers dropping in with so much helpful advice - just like that!

3. Lady_E profile image83
    Lady_Eposted 4 years ago

I purposely published a Hub to attract Fashion Ads this month.

Titled:  Hats off to you.  (still on first page of my profile)

The key is to ensure you use tags effectively. My tags included, hats, womens hats etc and it did attract fashion Ads (although sometimes it changes during the day)

What type of Ads do you want to attract? Brainstorm and write an interesting poem about it.

Hope this helps. Thanks