jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Poetry hubs. How to attract advertising?

1. GoodLady profile image83
    GoodLadyposted 5 years ago

How do you make Hubs with poems in them  attractive to advertising- since poetry doesn't appear to be commercial?

Would appreciate on advice for when writing more 'literary' Hubs.  Thank

2. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

Poetry hubs can attract advertisers for creative writing and depending on the topic and keywords used in the content, it can attract travel destination, real estate, art collectors, etc. ads.  You can get an idea by browsing the poetry category while signed out to see what kind of ads appear. Remember it also depends on what the viewer has been recently searching as to what google ads may appear.

GoodLadyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply so kindly.  I'll have a look at the poetry category section and study it closer!

3. 2uesday profile image87
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

I believe that someone reading poetry is probably less likely to want to follow through on an ad link than some other topics. Not saying it cannot happen just less likely.

4. 2uesday profile image87
    2uesdayposted 5 years ago

Hello GoodLady - you can turn the link in your profile to a live one so that it can be followed through to your site.

Hope I can explain how to do this - when in edit on your profile, highlight the words for your link, then go to the chain link logo at the top of the box click on it.

Wow!  I just tried to do what you suggested and something happened.  Hope it's OK.  So very many thanks for taking the trouble and time to be so friendly.  That's just so kind of you.  Sorry it took so long to get back but we had an electricity failure all day.  I'll be catching up with your work over the weekend though.  Looking forward to it.

5. Lady_E profile image80
    Lady_Eposted 5 years ago

It depends on the topic.

I purposely wrote a poem this month to attract Ads for Fashion or Hats.

Titled: "Hats off to you."  (It is still on first page of my profile)

The key thing is to ensure you use the tags effectively. I ensured it had tags such as: Hats, womens hats etc.  I noticed it attracted some fashion ads but sometimes they change during the day.

Hope this helps. G/Luck

Thanks.  Lady_E, very much.  Read and commented on your Hats off to you!  a lot of fun and clever too.

working