jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

Would you use the Google Keyword Tool or the Title Tuner?

1. 0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 4 years ago

Which would be more helpful as you create, write, and publish a new Hub?

1. smilingjimdickson profile image61
      smilingjimdicksonposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Arlene. I'd never considered using either but now I'll have a shot and see what they can do for me. Cheers!!!

2. QuestionMaster profile image90
    QuestionMasterposted 4 years ago

The title tuner works based off search engine visitors to your hub.

Since a new hub has never had visitors, you can't use the title tuner on it.

1. Sneha Sunny profile image87
      Sneha Sunnyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

What is title tuner?? I've seen this section on "my account" but I don't know what do I do with it!

1. QuestionMaster profile image90
        QuestionMasterposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It recommends words to add to your title, based on what people are typing into search engines to find your page.

3. Xenonlit profile image59
    Xenonlitposted 4 years ago

I used the title tuner a few times. It suggests words to include in the title. It can be a bit balky fitting in the suggested words, so I only use the ones that are rated at 90% or more.

4. sofs profile image88
    sofsposted 4 years ago

Some of the suggested keywords are way too funny... You really need to use the tool with discretion .. not just put everything it throws up into the tabs.. look for terms that are used frequently to search and get to your hub and incorporate them... smile

5. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

Proper use of the Google Keyword Tool can be extremely helpful. As Question has already said, the Title Tuner cannot be used until after it's been created and published for some time.

The Google Keyword Tool is a great tool for helping in Hub creation, while the Title Tuner is just that, a tool to Tune your Title.

6. prairieprincess profile image95
    prairieprincessposted 4 years ago

The title tuner is for "after the fact," but if you can get the keyword in the title, to start with, you will be less likely to need the title tuner. The title tuner fixes; the keyword tool builds it right the first time.

7. Mark Ewbie profile image83
    Mark Ewbieposted 4 years ago

I have used the title tuner and ended up with titles that say things like Best Easy Ways How to Whatever.  It's a clumsy instrument.

Here's an example of Google Adwords.

I recently wrote a new page, don't bother looking at it, please, it's rubbish. Needs more work sometime.

I called it How to Stop Missing Deadlines.  Seemed like an OK title.

Unusually for me I checked it via the Adword thing.  There are NO searches for that.

So I tried How to Meet Deadlines.  There are lots (sort of) searches for that.  Although there is more competition.

It won't rank anyway, and I'm a bit down and hacked off with the whole internet writing thing anyway today but...

My point is.  Checking the title is probably a very good idea.

1. 0
      Arlene V. Pomaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, y'all, for the explanations.  I did try the Title Tuner a few times, and it gave me minor things like the use of  "at" and "your".  Also, you have to wait on it in order to use it.  Back to the Google Keyword Tool.  Sounds much better to use.  Thanks, again, for your help, and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

1. jfay2011 profile image59
        jfay2011posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I started using the keyword tool yesterday.  It's neat and very helpful.  A little early to see what it will do for me.

8. LindaSmith1 profile image59
    LindaSmith1posted 4 years ago

I agree about the title tuner. I find it worthless.