jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Remove my duplicate comments on my own hubs instead of "Deny"?

1. HikeGuy profile image84
    HikeGuyposted 5 years ago

The first time I posted duplicate comments I used "Deny" to get rid of them. Does the system count that against me -- as denied comments, possibly spam? The next time it happened, I left them. I'd like to get rid of them.

Should I contact the help desk? Based on the FAQ, denied comments can affect the commenter badge -- I'm trying not to trip on all the gew gaws here, but I'd like to know if denying my own comments might be a problem.

(I use a laptop for most of my HP activity and it's slower than my desktop -- if I'm not thinking, I click again when the comment doesn't post and end up with two or three of the same comment. I know -- just stop that.)

Thanks.

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't see why, but if it has an effect it has to be negligible. Delete away, they look terrible lying there.

HikeGuyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. I was hoping there was another way to edit them out, without making them into "denied" comments. I guess not.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Denying comments doesn't work for or against you. So, do as you please.

Thanks, Cagsil.

3. sofs profile image86
    sofsposted 5 years ago

This  does happen with a glitch in the system... comments gets posted twice... i just delete them forever.. don't m ark them as spam however...

I know what you mean. It's just that when my response to a reader posts twice in comments, I can only accept or deny. I'm going to go ahead and use deny to remove them. It's probably not a big deal, it's just that the FAQ mentions denied comments are a factor in commenter level.

Thanks for your response.

working