jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Any one still uses the Link Suggestion Tool?

1. Cardisa profile image90
    Cardisaposted 5 years ago

A couple of months ago my hubs went awry and was advised by staff not to use it but to create my own links. I wanted to know if anyone still uses it and if they noticed any change in their hubs or account.

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

I've never used it.

Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey Cagsil. I was wondering if I just start using it again.

3. QuestionMaster profile image87
    QuestionMasterposted 5 years ago

I've never used it, since its introduction. It makes hubs look spammy and means you lose traffic to other people's hubs.

Thanks, but I'd rather redirect people to my own hubs, not give free traffic (and ad clicks) to someone I don't know.

I was posting a comment in my hub when all of a sudden that black box came up. I haven't used the tool in a while since using it a few months ago affected my hubs and my account.

4. HikeGuy profile image85
    HikeGuyposted 5 years ago

I've been using it as a quick way to create anchor text links between my own related hubs. That's the only thing I ever use it for -- sparingly -- and usually at the very end of the hub.

I've only been back for a few weeks. No problems so far. I agree with QuestionMaster -- I never saw the benefit of sending a reader somewhere else in the middle of my article... On the other hand, interlinking is supposed be helpful. It's all an experiment.

I place links in my articles that are very important or necessary, like Google or important health info. I place links to my other relevant hubs in the link capsule at the end of the article.

working