2000 dollars/monthly on HubPages?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (42 posts)
  1. David 470 profile image81
    David 470posted 12 years ago

Considering what has transpired with some of my hubs in the past few weeks (and months)... I see how making $1500-3000 dollars a month is possible. I have less than 10 hubs gathering 66% of my traffic - only at the moment - this will likely change because of search engine trends, seasonal etc.... While my "older hubs" are not making as much income/traffic as they once did, they still equal a respectable amount considering the money earned is passive anyway.

I have predicted many of my traffic downfalls and rises, but have came to the realization, that I must focus on VERY specific niches at the right time, and use SEO intelligently.cool

I understand that people who make 1500+ a month on HubPages are the minority, but how many people approximately make this much a month?

Five? Ten? Hundreds of hubbers??? The exact number is not important to me, but an approximation, perhaps?

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 12 years agoin reply to this

David, some of your hubs are on trending topics/games. They have a limited life. While its great you are doing so well, they are not evergreen topics, unfortunately.

So they have a shelf-life.

Actually I wish I knew about these things because I could take a temporary surge in traffic, I really could.

Meanwhile, enjoy it smile

David 470posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes, this is why to some extent, I am not creating long-lasting passive income. However, I do have a gaming niche written a year ago that still gets good traffic - not sure how - it even survived Panda! Perplexing...

My health related hubs just do not get a lot of traffic...They are not hot topics....unfortunately. I think those topics would do well with Amazon , though, because I am actually starting to make some money with Amazon.

2. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 12 years agoin reply to this

According to the self-reported stats I've been collecting on my Hub about improving your earnings, from Aug 2010 to Aug 2011 4% of respondents reported making over $1000 and had been with the site for 3 years or more.

This year's stats are still too new to be useful.  Suffice to say, it's most likely that only an extremely small number of users out of the entire site membership are able to make that much.

In the end, the people who get successful money-wise stop talking about it as it's in their best interests not to.

Yes, I suspect most people who make a couple thousand do not talk about.

Interesting poll results. How often do you reset the poll?

1. relache profile image72

I reset it in August because that's when the Hub was first published.  This year that worked out somewhat advantageously, as the subdomains went live right before the reset.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
        Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years agoin reply to this

RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. David 470 profile image81

Most people who sign-up to HubPages do not even write anything. hmm

I think some people just want to use the religious and poltical forums and post 1,000,000 replies to why god does or does not exist....

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82

Or why "lefties" or "righties" are ...fags.

2. kschang profile image86
          kschangposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I know at least one guy who registered a hubpages account just so he can comment spam my hub. smile  He posted ONE comment, then went back to post third-party (non-HP) comments using the same name.

3. Dave Mathews profile image60
      Dave Mathewsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Is this really possible or is this a joke?

1. relache profile image72

Do a bit of reading, and you'll be able to decide for yourself.

http://hubpages.com/faq/#program

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

I think most people who made that much did so before Panda.

1. rmcrayne profile image90
      rmcrayneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Is Panda still having a big impact on the masses?  I'm not in the >/=$1K per month crowd, but my earnings are now over double my pre-Panda earnings.

1. IzzyM profile image87

Maybe not the masses, just some of us.

3. TheMagician profile image87
    TheMagicianposted 12 years ago

I could buy a lot of double cheeseburgers with that kind of income from HP... mmm.

1. IzzyM profile image87

Some of us are more concerned about paying overheads, rent, bills etc, but if you want to stuff your face with cheeseburgers, be my guest smile Your funeral.

lol

2. QuestionMaster profile image79
        QuestionMasterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Man cannot live on cheeseburgers alone...

I'd prefer some pizza and mexican thrown in too.

3. TheMagician profile image87
        TheMagicianposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I guess rent and bills are pretty important...
        Screw the cheese burgers, Dennys twice a week and bills paid would be my dream!

I very much enjoy Ramen Noodles minus that damned msg flavor pack.....and canned tuna, clams, or chicken.

Louisiana Hot Sauce makes the world go round, btw.

1. habee profile image93
            habeeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I think there's a law in the South that every home has to have at least one bottle of hot sauce!

If there isn't - then there damned sure should be!

Apologies for the oversight, Ma'am, I'd thought that I was following you already.

4. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

I've never made more than $14 in a single day here.  I'm super aware that high end acoustic guitars aren't going to make me Hubpages "rich."

I'm into "blue chip" articles though - steady is...STEADY!

1. QuestionMaster profile image79
      QuestionMasterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I haven't made that in a day since pre-panda. sad

I haven't either!!!!

I made the....."jump" or "sacrifice" to run HP Ads....so there is less chance of making big Adsense, and an absolute certainty that I'm going to make over a buck a day....

1. TheMagician profile image87

Jump? Sacrifice? Hmm... what exactly relations do the HP Ads have to the AdSense ads? I've been pretty confused about this. If your HP Ads program is turned on, does that just mean less AdSense ads are shown?

Bingo!

You're not confused at all, you know what there is to know there.

5. Richieb799 profile image74
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

I've had my best earnings month here since last December this month, Panda affected my best hubs but they came back stronger and I'm supplementing my hubs with niche Wordpress sites as well. You never know if a hub is trending or not, Google search results decide your fate anyhow and for how long smile

6. LeanMan profile image78
    LeanManposted 12 years ago

Yes Please..... please send me $2000 every month.... I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDD it... lol

7. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 12 years ago

Looks like I'll make around $2,000 this month, but that monthly amount will decrease after Christmas.

You are now officially my hero !!

2. David 470 profile image81

That's great news. I know that I'll prob end up making less coming January. hmm

8. sportgames profile image60
    sportgamesposted 12 years ago

I see that you are not wasting time on hubpages, I am new here but I hope I can, some day, reach that income.

9. jcmayer777 profile image64
    jcmayer777posted 12 years ago

I'd have to suspect there are a lot (relatively speaking) of people making that type of money on HP.  Every major rev share site has multiple success stories of people making it big. 

Big earners are definitely in the minority, but there are bound to be several.  Some will openly state it, but others probably never post on the forums or talk about it.  I'd have to suspect that for each person openly talking about it, there are at least two ghosts that you never hear from.

Ghosts!! lol

10. Garrett Mickley profile image78
    Garrett Mickleyposted 12 years ago

As well as I'm doing lately, I could definitely see how it's possible, and I figured out how much traffic I need to get there.

Now, like you said, we just need to use SEO intelligently and keep on keepin' on!

See you at the top, my brother.

11. TheMagician profile image87
    TheMagicianposted 12 years ago

So we'll all meet up and have cook outs and drink Champagne like rich folk when we get rich off HP? Sort of like our own little country club lol

More like cheap beer, and Ramen noodles - but it just feels good to make money from writing online.

1. TheMagician profile image87

lol lol lol
        I'll bring the Scrabble.

12. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 12 years ago

some hubbers have quite an impressive earnings report every month. most of us dream of making something near these figures.
    talent is a big factor along with choosing the right subject matter.
    continued success.

13. profile image0
    icountthetimesposted 12 years ago

Some in spirational posts here. It seems that some people just have the knack of creating the type of hubs that people want to read.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)