jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Trolling the HP forums

1. janesix profile image73
    janesixposted 4 years ago

How much time out of your day do you spend trolling the HP forums? Or do you just do it while multitasking with other things?

2. Danette Watt profile image86
    Danette Wattposted 4 years ago

I go in spurts. If I'm really busy at work, I'm not on HP hardly at all. Sometimes I'll make time to just get on some of the forums, mainly so I can keep up with any new info or topics. When work is slow and I have time to be on HP, I probably spend too much time on the forums, maybe 2-3 hours. But it isn't consistent.

3. LookingForWalden profile image60
    LookingForWaldenposted 4 years ago

iPad makes it real easy to keep me checking back in while I'm on home.

4. Captain Redbeard profile image60
    Captain Redbeardposted 4 years ago

I'm horrible, I'm an addict, I'm on all the time. I just don't post all the time.

5. Shadesbreath profile image90
    Shadesbreathposted 4 years ago

It depends on my workload. I've been heavy into school the last several years, so I am a bigger troll during the summer than other times. Almost done now, though, so y'all gonna get big doses of sarcasm full time shortly.

I apologize in advance.

6. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 4 years ago

I have absolutely no consistency.  If I'm working or doing other serious stuff, I come to the forums to kind of break up the "heavier duty thinking".  Projects come in spurts for me, so if I have time between them (and particularly if if the weather's bad; I'm not above turning my doing-nothing-anyway time into at least looking for something on here.  (Right now, I'm in the middle of getting Thanksgiving stuff ready for later in the day - but that's been going on for days now - so I needed a coffee break.) 

Why this makes a good "doing-nothing" or "taking-a-break" thing for me is that I often then get ideas for things to write about (Hubs or something else somewhere else).  Since I work on the computer anyway, and am on it a good part of my time; I may as well find a "break-thing" that might result in ideas for writing something.  Better these forums than some of the idle chatter on some other sites.  hmm

7. Richard Craig profile image75
    Richard Craigposted 4 years ago

I can't help myself.  I turn on my laptop to get writing but then I think "I'll just see what's happening on Hubpages" and before you know it you haven't written anything, it's dark, your throat is dry but your seat is wet and you head but the screen when you fall asleep.

8. gramarye profile image59
    gramaryeposted 4 years ago

Not consistent at all. However, it gives a better feel of the community than just reading hubs. Often I discover an interesting person and end up following.

9. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Tis better to have trolled and lost, than to have never trolled at all.