jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

hurdlesgreetings profile is ok?

1. Escobana profile image89
    Escobanaposted 4 years ago

Just a simple question. I got a new follower by hurdlegreetings and I'm not sure if it's ok to promote your own business on Hubpages?

If not, I shouldn't follow back I assume. What would you do?

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's pretty much OK to plug whatever you want on your profile page. Leastwise so far...

2. Pcunix profile image89
      Pcunixposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Why do you think you have to follow back?

I don't follow back unless I want to read their hubs.  They may be writing about subjects I have no interest in, they may be painfully awkward writers or they may be as boring as dry grass. 

Just because they followed you doesn't mean you have a reason to follow them.

1. Escobana profile image89
        Escobanaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'd like to follow the rules here on Hubpages and avoid problems by following a profile I shouldn't. It goes without saying, I only follow back because I like to.

I like hurblegreetings profile but it seemed more of a commercial thing to me, looking to sell products. That's when I hesitated a bit. That's why I asked the question.

2. QuestionMaster profile image88
    QuestionMasterposted 4 years ago

Many people follow indiscriminately. It doesn't matter who you follow, except following a lot of people quickly will lower your profile score.

The worst that can happen is that someone you follow gets banned, then you simply won't see any more updates from them.