jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (23 posts)

Raise your hand if you ate too much today.

1. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 5 years ago

We ate at noon, and I did pretty good. Still haven't had dessert yet. I'm saving that for din-din. lol

2. Pcunix profile image87
    Pcunixposted 5 years ago

Nope. We dine tomorrow. Earlier we were discussing strategy. We are accustomed to very small, light meals, so we thought we might want to eat more today and stretch our stomachs a bit?

Decisions, decisions.  More turkey and stuffing  or wait for the pies?  Does pre-dinner coffee suppress or stimulate appetite?  I'd like a beer, but all that gas..

1. habee profile image91
      habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Fill up on turkey and dressing and save the pies for later!

3. wavegirl22 profile image44
    wavegirl22posted 5 years ago

im not a turkey - stuffing lover.  .so i started and ended with pie... and it was cherry ..,my favorite!

1. habee profile image91

What, wave??? Why, that's un-American!!

2. wordscribe43 profile image92
      wordscribe43posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm with you, I can't stand stuffing or turkey.  I made T-giving dinner for our family this year and was happy to do my own version.  And now is the fun part... watching my hubby clean the kitchen!

I suppose it is un-American, Habee!  I've only had one stuffing I liked, it had cranberries and almonds in it. 

I made THREE pumpkin pies, had two pieces and really regret that last one.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

4. roshall profile image81
    roshallposted 5 years ago

Yes I would have to raise both my hands. Ate than went straight to sleep and plan on eating again soon. Just sounds awful ,right, oh well It's Thanksgiving and I gave thanks.

1. habee profile image91

Exactly what you're supposed to do on Thanksgiving! lol

5. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 5 years ago

Scribe, sometimes I put cranberries and pecans in my southern cornbread dressing. Yum!

1. wordscribe43 profile image92

Now THAT I would like!  Got a hub on it?  lol

1. habee profile image91

I have a hub on how to make the old-fashioned cornbread dressing. Just add some dried cranberries and chopped pecans before baking.

Woo hoo!  I will check it out.  I used to live in Oklahoma and miss that kind of cooking.

6. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image93
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 5 years ago

I'm smoking some medicinal herbs...and about to do it all over again.

7. paradigmsearch profile image86
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

To burp? Or not to burp? That is the question.

8. rmcrayne profile image93
    rmcrayneposted 5 years ago

Did my part and ate more than enough for Thanksgiving Dinner.  It would be silly to just eat “enough”, right?  We always go to our friends’ Josie and Tomas.  Had turkey, ham, and brisket this year.  And of course my baked macaroni and cheese.

9. mary615 profile image95
    mary615posted 5 years ago

I did a good job pacing myself.  I think this was the first big dinner I ever had where there were NO leftovers.

1. rmcrayne profile image93
      rmcrayneposted 5 years ago in reply to this

My [extended] family always wants to ensure there is always more than enough food.  My mother would be mortified if the food ran out.  I never experienced a holiday meal where we came anywhere near running out of food.  Usually an insane amount of food. One of Mom's favorite expressions is having enough food "to feed Pharaoh's army".

1. habee profile image91

My mom was the same way, and so am I. No one leaves my house hungry - and that includes critters, too!

Yeah, same here.  Plus who doesn't love the leftovers, right?

10. rebekahELLE profile image90
    rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago

Yeah, I'm waving my hand, but I just found this cool hub on the feed about what many of us consumed today, so now I can justify having a plate full of food. We had so much food to choose from, I don't even think I tried everything. There was turduckin, pheasant, ham and more turkey for the meats. It was truly a feast. http://pharmacist.hubpages.com/hub/THAN … iving-Meal

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s320x320/376468_10150386374104195_667979194_8383333_1751304849_n.jpg

1. habee profile image91

LOVE the cartoon!!

11. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 5 years ago

Interesting hub, Rebekah. I feel healthier now! lol

1. rebekahELLE profile image90
      rebekahELLEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

lol me too!

Bring on the leftovers --

tomorrow!

[Back to reading a few more contest poems, then I'm off to dreamland.]