jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Business Cards For Your Hubs

1. Perspycacious profile image75
    Perspycaciousposted 4 years ago

Get some business cards to give people the link to your Hubs.

When I first started posting my Hubs in October, I happened to be copying some materials at a local copy center; so, I printed how to search for my Hubs on a piece of notepaper, copied it, put the original on the page with the new copy, etc. until I had four to a page (you could do more to a page with smaller notes!)

Then I printed the four-to-a-page sheet several times, used the copy center's paper cutter, and voila! I had a bunch of handy, not too small, not too large, notes to give to people who might be interested in what I write about (e.g. "Anything that interests me!")

That worked great.  But, now I'm getting serious about "my Hub business" so I'm going the next step and having some professional quality ones done with my photo, some sample titles, and how to find them.

You'd be amazed at how easy it is to talk with someone in line at the post office, the bank, the store, a community event, etc. and give them such a card when they show any interest in "something I never heard of before!" 

Your mouth, your word, your Hubs, but now the famous "Word of Mouth" advertising is launched!

1. QuestionMaster profile image89
      QuestionMasterposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Having a link to your own website looks a lot more professional. And you can link to your hubs from your website.

2. fastfreta profile image81
    fastfretaposted 4 years ago

I've just had business cards made up for my hubs.  I spent so much time writing the site down on paper, that I decided to make the cards.  I had my cards made with a calendar on the back side of one, then I had more made with a tip chart on the back side.  These are two things most people want, and will use.  I went through this company that keeps bugging everyone in their email, Vistaprints. Anyway it was a good deal, and I was able to use my HubPage earnings to do so.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Vistaprint is great.  If you look out for their special offers, you can get business cards for almost nothing - especially if you don't mind having a tiny line of print on the back saying they're by Vistaprint, and why does that matter?

If you want a calendar on the back you have to pay quite a bit more so I've never done it - but it's a good point, that it makes it more likely people will keep it.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

Moo cards sends you 10 free cards with no shipping charges, so totally free. They have the Moo logo on the bottom but you don't really notice it. They are great quality cards.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I hope you mean 100, not 10?  You can get 250 free cards from Vistaprint, you only pay shipping costs.