jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Woman pepper sprays other Black Friday shoppers

1. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

LOS ANGELES (AP)  A woman shot pepper spray to keep shoppers from merchandise she wanted during a Black Friday sale, and 20 people suffered minor injuries, authorities said.

The incident occurred shortly after 10:20 p.m. Thursday in a crowded Los Angeles-area Walmart as shoppers hungry for deals were let inside the store.

Police said the suspect shot the pepper spray when the coverings over the items she wanted were removed.

"Somehow she was trying to use it to gain an upper hand," police Lt. Abel Parga told The Associated Press early Friday.
    http://news.yahoo.com/woman-pepper-spra … 09506.html
    now thats so crazy...has all reason gone by the wayside for a stupid bargain?
    i've never participated in these sales and think it reduces people to animals

1. livewithrichard profile image86
      livewithrichardposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I've never gone out shopping on a Black Friday, though I know many that do.  Some just enjoy being in the mix for a bargain. 

Last night, my sister went to a store 3 hours before the sale started to get a Playstation 3.  The store only had 30 of them and an hour before the sale started, a store manager came out to the crowd and handed out tickets to the first 30 people in line that wanted the game system.  My sister was lucky
      she was #13 in line.  She stayed to get some other bargains as well. 

Me, I slept in after a good Thanksgiving with the family and about 2 hours ago I logged onto the same store website that my sister went to, seen the same PS3 for the exact same bargain.  I purchased it with no problem, and I was emailed a notice informing me that my item was ready for pick up in the store. 

No crowds, no fights, no pepper spray, no long lines, no lack of sleep... I can go on, but buying online is the best way for Xmas shopping.  smile

1. jtyler profile image61
        jtylerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That was a good idea on the part of the store.  They prevented what could've been disaster.  It's stupid how people let themselves behave in such a manner in this day and age.

2. 0
    Emile Rposted 4 years ago

I've never gone out on Black Friday. I think it's degrading to shoulder through crowds trying to save a few dollars. They couldn't offer a discount large enough to make me do it.

1. jtyler profile image61
      jtylerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I myself don't think that in itself is degrading, but I believe the way people behave in them is.  If people wouldn't act like idiots, I wouldn't mind going to these events.

2. paradigmsearch profile image91
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I've never had any problems...

3. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 4 years ago

reading that the incident took place in Walmart gave me a chuckle!  OMG!  no wonder I don't go into that place  lol

4. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

The reports keep rolling in...

"How much crazier can Black Friday get?"

"NEW YORK (AP) — Pepper-sprayed customers, smash-and-grab looters and bloody scenes in the shopping aisles. How did Black Friday devolve into this?

As reports of shopping-related violence rolled in this week from Los Angeles to New York, experts say a volatile mix of desperate retailers and cutthroat marketing has hyped the traditional post-Thanksgiving sales to increasingly frenzied levels. With stores opening earlier, bargain-obsessed shoppers often are sleep-deprived and short-tempered. Arriving in darkness, they also find themselves vulnerable to savvy parking-lot muggers."

http://news.yahoo.com/much-crazier-blac … 56950.html

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 4 years ago in reply to this

that's ridiculous....too much turkey and stuffing i guess....