jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

How to get the freedom back?

1. tnvrstar profile image78
    tnvrstarposted 4 years ago

Few months ago my Account got flagged and now I have to go through the administration review process. I never published any spun or copied content. The only weakness was my grammar.

Personally I think, reviewing Hub before publishing it is a very good thing. It helped me a lot to improve my English. But the problem is , I can't edit my Hubs. Yesterday many of my Hubs were unpublished because I tried to use the "Title tuner". Now those articles are stuck for review.

Can anyone give me any suggestion to get my account back to normal? I mean I want my freedom back. I don't feel any problem when administrator review my newly Published Hub. But I do face problem when my previously Published Hubs are reviewed just for a simple change. If I am not eligible to edit/ update my Hub then how can I rank them well in search engine? What should I do to get rid of this problem?

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 4 years ago

The only people who will be able to tell you anything with any certainty are the moderators/admin team, as none of the casual users here on the forums are involved in the process by which accounts are put on or taken off full moderation.

tnvrstarposted 4 years ago in reply to this

New users can publish a Hub without moderator review. That means Hubpages depends on the users flagging activity. Then why Hubpages can't allow an old user to Publish freely? If I post a low quality Hub, Users can flag it.
      Whenever I tried Hub Hopping I found at least 1 Hub which does not meet the Hubpages requirement.

I have sent an Email to the Hubpages team. If I don't get a solution may be I have to stop writing here.

1. Greekgeek profile image96
        Greekgeekposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I had the same sort of problem. When I started on Hubpages, the "2 links" limit wasn't yet in place. After the policy change, my hubs got taken down for violating that rule. I found my account had been flagged as a spammer's.

After that, I couldn't so much as edit a single word without a Hub being unpublished. I'd have to go through a hand-review. This made it impossible to use Hubpages, as I frequently tweak and prune my writing. I deleted all my Hubs and gave up for a few years.

Eventually, after I wrote a bunch of new hubs, HQ gave in and took the spammer flag off my account. They weren't convinced at first. I had to create about 10 exceptional Hubs to persuade them I was not a spammer.

I believe that once your account is flagged, you can't get the flag off until you've written several above-average articles that prove you will no longer make the mistake for which you were penalized. It doesn't matter that there may be other articles out there far worse than yours. The burden of proof is on you.

That's hard, with English as a second language. Your English is quite understandable, but I see grammar mistakes here and there in your writing. Maybe you could get a buddy to help proofread before you publish?

I wish I could offer, but I'm spread too thin. I do wish you luck. Getting that permanent spammer-lock is incredibly frustrating.

Currently I don't face much problem in Publishing a new Hub. That means if I publish more than 10 Hubs there will be chance to remove the Spmmaer flag.

1. sofs profile image87
            sofsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Not necessarily, removing the spammer flag depends on the quality of your hubs ..not just the number... they would just be ensuring that you are serious about what you are doing on Hubpages.

Google does not care about Grammar, they look for unique content. I have got 70,000 views from 29 Hubs. Soon I will reach 100,000. I have never posted anything spammy or spun content.

3. sofs profile image87
    sofsposted 4 years ago

spamming is frowned upon and reported as soon as it is seen on this site..you have been reported too...

1. sofs profile image87
      sofsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

This was posted in response to a spam..on this thread...not in response to the OP
      and now I am not able to delete my post lol lol

Just ignore it.