jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Tips for Improving Traffic to HubPages

1. ajayshah2005 profile image72
    ajayshah2005posted 4 years ago

Share some tips to increase traffic to Hubpages.You can also share about the current traffic to your hubs.Is there any affects of Google Panda?

1. QuestionMaster profile image87
      QuestionMasterposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Most of the affects of Panda have gone for about 80% of people. 20% of people are still suffering despite the changes Hubpages bought in.

The best way to get traffic is good keywords and good backlinks, in that order.

1. IzzyM profile image86
        IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I doubt if it is as low as 20% of hubbers that are suffering. There are a huge band of hubbers who don't come to the forum who have plunged, and considering that most hubbers don't actually forum post, I think that figure may well be a lot higher.

But we are not privy to that information, and HP would only deny it even if it were true, in the company's interests.

This does not suggest we have recovered fully. If you accept that most people who post here have admitted to huge gains, then this graph is wrong as we are still nowhere near as high as we were pre-Panda.

2. crazycatman profile image80
    crazycatmanposted 4 years ago

The best thing I'm seeing to get traffic is the use of good keywords.

3. Matt Clooney profile image60
    Matt Clooneyposted 4 years ago

I'm new to all this but I've seen people mention building backlinks. Not sure how to go about that, must read up more on it. The thing that puzzles me is where do people get the time for all that. Isn't writing time consuming as it is?

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Don't worry about backlinks. Hubpages is a very powerful platform and the chances are you will not need them.

2. Pcunix profile image89
      Pcunixposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I think so.

Please do read and research thoroughly before you do anything.  There are back linking activities that can harm you and HP.

4. CZCZCZ profile image85
    CZCZCZposted 4 years ago

Something that has helped me get little flurries of traffic is by participating in a few sub reddits on reddit and then posting a hub when relevant to the subject matter as whole.  Facebook has also delivered views for me when I am writing a topic that I feel will be received well by my community of friends online I will share it to them.