jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Amazon Money

1. Jean Bakula profile image92
    Jean Bakulaposted 5 years ago

I finally passed the $100 threshold for selling Amazon products by the end of October. I wrote to them to see when I would get my money, I set it up so it could be directly deposited into a checking account months ago, anticipating things would be better. I have written 3X, and 3 clueless people are telling me I made around $6.00 in advertising fees. Then one told me they don't use PayPal. I didn't set up PayPal. I explained I was with Hubpages and gave them my Associates ID# all 3 times. Are they dense or is it me? And I didn't sell one thing on Black Friday? I've been writing more product hubs than I would like to. It seems odd. I'm scared the change will go through and I'll never get the little bit of money I made after writing so many thousands of words. On the up side, I hope my writing is better!

1. Jlbowden profile image81
      Jlbowdenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hello Jean:

I haven't checked on my own amazon earnings lately and have just recently activated the Ebay Ads on my hubs. this is definitely a reminder and wake-up call in addition, for all of us who write for hubpages to keep an eye out for payments from these affiliates; once we are at the payment threshold. It's a real shame that people like yourself who put all of their hard work into writing wondeful articles and often end up getting short changed for all of their efforts and hardwork. In the light of all of this, be positive and I am sure you will soon get paid from Amazon. In other words...don't give up the ship.

Jl

Jean Bakulaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your kindness and encouraging comments, Jl. I'll see what answer I get tomorrow. I notice that there have been other times where I've had to lean hard on Amazon to get answers. When I set up my blog, they kept giving me separate Amazon Affiliate codes, and as I came to understand it, you can keep all your stuff under one.  If it comes down to it, somebody will call me on the phone to straighten out my issue if I keep filling out the form and saying they didn't resolve the problem. I'm sure about the sales. Most of them were from a series I wrote on a unique tarot deck, and I never expected people would buy it, or the books to explain it. So I know it's not just "advertising fees of $6.00" they owe me. Once you get "a real person" on the line, things usually become more clear. But I agree with you, all of us on HP should make sure we are current on our Amazon payments before the changes go through. Take care.

2. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

Jean, you should see your money towards the end of December if you crossed the payout line in October.  Probably around the 20th or 25th.

Thanks wilderness. The Amazon people I emailed didn't seem to understand what I was talking about, and clearly weren't up on the fact there are Amazon Affiliate Associates. Maybe the main staff is  still on long weekend.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

The HP earning program does not let you sign up with Amazon yet. Therefore, of course no one at Amazon would know what you are talking about. As far as I know, once the program is working and you sign up for it you will get another tracking code.

I suggest you all follow this forum thread.
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/86119

Uninvited Writer,
      I'm talking about the old program. I never got my payout and it took me almost a year to get there. Jean

1. Pcunix profile image87
        Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Well, that has nothing to do with HP.  That's probably where you confused the Amazon folks.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
        Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

They also only pay at the end of the quarter.

Hi Uninvited Writer and Pcunix,
          This thread was from last night when I misunderstood the revenue and advertising issue and thought I made some money with Amazon, finally. That's why I posted my A/C info, because in my eyes I couldnt make Amazon understand. I have had problems with them before where I did understand and they fought me on money in other situations, so I just thought they were being dense. It was me. You don't have to answer.

working