jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

You've been flagged...

1. spryte profile image88
    spryteposted 8 years ago

Dear Ms. Softly:

I'm flattered whenever I receive a new fan...and I always make it a point to visit their profile page.  I like trying to guess what might have drawn them to my hubpages and perhaps find a like-minded writer that I may enjoy as well. 

Right off the bat...I smelled something foul on your profile page.  Eight hubs in three days...your profile is a jumble of bad grammar and spelling...and yet the hubs you claim as your own  are eloquent and were obviously edited with a great attention to detail.

I've flagged two so far...as they were a direct cut and paste job from wikiHow, right down to the pictures.  I strongly suspect that the remaining six will probably be as original as the first two. 

I hope you understand why I cannot return the favor and become your fan as well.

1. Christoph Reilly profile image86
      Christoph Reillyposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I noticed the discrepancy between a comment and the writing on one of her/his hubs, but was in a hurry. Thanks, Spryte.

2. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

This appears to be the same person that is either likes fashion show pics, or multiple people that all like these similar pictures.  I have seen several accounts with these type of pictures and never joined the because I do not think the person is a woman.  It is a man using a woman's picture and lifting content off the Internet.

1. spryte profile image88
      spryteposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I figured as much...

The difference in writing between the profile and the hub is a dead giveaway.  Plus...if I looked like that, I probably wouldn't be spending all my time at a computer ...uh...writing either.  smile

1. SweetiePie profile image83
        SweetiePieposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Very true, I am sure those ladies have modeling/acting contracts smile.

3. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

LOL Laurie, are you going to write such a letter to every spammer who joins your fan club? You'll have no time left after that then big_smile

Or, you can just copy and paste - at least it's your own work, right? wink tongue

4. Maddie Ruud profile image83
    Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago

I'm not sure the forums are an appropriate place for this sort of thing.  If you want to send the author a personal note, use the contact option.  If their hubs are in violation, please flag.  If the user is harrassing you, send an email to team(at)hubpages(dot)com.  However, I don't want to encourage this sort of open airing of grievances against specific hubbers.

I'm not sure what can be gained from this thread, so I'm closing it.

Closed to reply