jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

You've been flagged...

1. spryte profile image88
    spryteposted 8 years ago

Dear Ms. Softly:

I'm flattered whenever I receive a new fan...and I always make it a point to visit their profile page.  I like trying to guess what might have drawn them to my hubpages and perhaps find a like-minded writer that I may enjoy as well. 

Right off the bat...I smelled something foul on your profile page.  Eight hubs in three days...your profile is a jumble of bad grammar and spelling...and yet the hubs you claim as your own  are eloquent and were obviously edited with a great attention to detail.

I've flagged two so far...as they were a direct cut and paste job from wikiHow, right down to the pictures.  I strongly suspect that the remaining six will probably be as original as the first two. 

I hope you understand why I cannot return the favor and become your fan as well.

Sincerely,
    spryte

1. Christoph Reilly profile image84
      Christoph Reillyposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I noticed the discrepancy between a comment and the writing on one of her/his hubs, but was in a hurry. Thanks, Spryte.

2. SweetiePie profile image84
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

This appears to be the same person that is either likes fashion show pics, or multiple people that all like these similar pictures.  I have seen several accounts with these type of pictures and never joined the because I do not think the person is a woman.  It is a man using a woman's picture and lifting content off the Internet.

1. spryte profile image88
      spryteposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I figured as much...

The difference in writing between the profile and the hub is a dead giveaway.  Plus...if I looked like that, I probably wouldn't be spending all my time at a computer ...uh...writing either.  smile

1. SweetiePie profile image84
        SweetiePieposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Very true, I am sure those ladies have modeling/acting contracts smile.

3. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

LOL Laurie, are you going to write such a letter to every spammer who joins your fan club? You'll have no time left after that then big_smile

Or, you can just copy and paste - at least it's your own work, right? wink tongue

4. Maddie Ruud profile image82
    Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago

I'm not sure the forums are an appropriate place for this sort of thing.  If you want to send the author a personal note, use the contact option.  If their hubs are in violation, please flag.  If the user is harrassing you, send an email to team(at)hubpages(dot)com.  However, I don't want to encourage this sort of open airing of grievances against specific hubbers.

I'm not sure what can be gained from this thread, so I'm closing it.

Closed to reply

working