jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Not doing anything special for my 300th hub

1. Pcunix profile image88
    Pcunixposted 5 years ago

I have hub #299 written and will proof-read and release it tomorrow.. at that point, I will need to begin working on hub number 300.

I have seen this sort of milestone be the cause of some consternation.  What to write? 

Shrug.  Whatever I feel like writing tomorrow.    That is, IF I even feel like writing tomorrow, because I might not and if I don't, number 300 is just going to have to wait, isn't it?

I mean, really, where does HubPages get off putting this kind of pressure on me?  Just because they send me money now and then,  is that supposed to make me want to write more?

Well, ok, yes, it kind of does.  Fine, you have me on that point.  But can the muse of inspiration be expected to bend to the whip of commerce?

Well, yeah.  Haul on that rope, Inspiration, because I have bills to pay!  And we'll have none of that single $ stuff in the stats, either.  Ramp up your game, o muse, or I'll be shopping for a replacement!

So, that's where we are at.  If there is no 300th hub on the day after tomorrow, blame it on the muse, not me.  If you see no 300th hub and you also see a homeless muse wandering around weeping piteously, well, connect the dots, if you catch my drift.  I'm not here for my health, am I?

1. Rising Caren profile image82
      Rising Carenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Write a hub on lucky stuff. Like lucky number 7, lucky cats, lucky clothes.

Or write a hub on greecian muses.

Or on the movie 300.

2. barryrutherford profile image28
    barryrutherfordposted 5 years ago

You gotta make it special you get a neat accolade for it !

Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

But I'll get the accolade even if it's utter junk :-)

Besides, the accolade I want is the 100K icon and that's still a few months away :-(

1. barryrutherford profile image28
        barryrutherfordposted 5 years ago in reply to this

mm i got the 100k icon and i felt an immediate letdown as soon as i saw another hubber with the 1M icon

Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Especially when it's someone with four hubs who just started last month..  :-)

1. barryrutherford profile image28
            barryrutherfordposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Indeed I saw one hub without an Avatar that has a million+ hits for one hub which leaked details on the Iphone 4GS

working